Tame Impala - The Slow Rush

for anyone not in the Spotify cult

I really need to catch them on tour. tickets were SNATCHED in a matter of seconds last time

i'm not sure about this. it's nice and bouncy, i'll give you that but it hasn't properly hit me yet.

I need the new album in my life now. Also can't wait to see them live for the first time!

no love for lost in yesterday?

it's perfectly good but it hasn't proper excited me for some reason...

Lost In Yesterday is my favourite of the lot - album next friday :disco:

Really I’ve tried everything in this thread (more than once), and nothing excites me.

God this album is fucking great.

One More Year is such a brilliant opener. Breathe Deeper and Is It True are divine. Overall it's so breezy, but equally detailed. Music to get lost in. At an hour long it breezes by so quickly. KING.

The new version of Borderline slaps too.

i still haven't listened to it - not gotten enough of lost in yesterday yet. proper love that now.

RATE

09 One More Year - some glorious future/retro-disco shit
07 Instant Destiny
08 Borderline - love the added elements
07 Posthumous Forgiveness
10 Breathe Deeper - instant anthem
08 Tomorrow's Dust - obsessed with the reprise of Breathe Deeper in the outro
07 On Track
10 Lost In Yesterday - up there with his very best ever
10 Is It True - the most immediate pop moment here, it bangs hard
10 It Might Be Time - those sirens! that fake-out intro! incredible.
08 Glimmer - delightful but shamefully short
07 One More Hour

This is, officially, AN ALBUM.

RATE

09 One More Year - some glorious future/retro-disco shit
07 Instant Destiny
08 Borderline - love the added elements
07 Posthumous Forgiveness
10 Breathe Deeper - instant anthem
08 Tomorrow's Dust - obsessed with the reprise of Breathe Deeper in the outro
07 On Track
10 Lost In Yesterday - up there with his very best ever
10 Is It True - the most immediate pop moment here, it bangs hard
10 It Might Be Time - those sirens! that fake-out intro! incredible.
08 Glimmer - delightful but shamefully short
07 One More Hour

This is, officially, AN ALBUM.
The way Instant Destiny and Posthumous Forgiveness are sandwiched between those max tracks. I hate it. What on earth is the production in Posthumous, like someone banging your head into a wall.

I absolutely love Posthumous Forgiveness now :D it's TOP FIVE

weird how Moopy paid this album (yesterday's) DUST

I couldn't get into this one unfortunately, especially after how much I loved Currents. It all just kind of felt like more of the same.

One of the adults with autism I work with became OBSESSED with Lost In Yesterday after I played it in front of her once, and now I've heard it literally hundreds of times due to her

one and a half years on, this is such a great, enduring record.

even the tracks in the first half that felt more low-key at first work their way under the skin. he's truly singular in his talent. the only song i never got into is One More Hour, a bit of a damp closer.

so excited to see this performed live at Primavera :disco:

all of this said my overall Tame #1 is still 'cause I'm a man. infinite :disco:

This absolute shameless Tame Impala cosplay but it's JUST what I've been looking for. @Jark

Last edited:
Reactions: RJN
Oh there’s so many Tame-lite bands out there right now. The 70s revival is real. I like most of it.

Rocking With You and Like We Used To are both VERY Tame Impala indeed. and the latter in particular is fabulous. thanks for bringing to my attention :disco:

Why is there no thread about Tame Impala's collaboration with Gorillaz? :evil: rude!

It's one of my favourite songs of the year. Thanks again to Spotify for the recommend, it now knows me well :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom