Taylor Swift - 1989

Current predictions in America suggest '1989' may break the sales record for biggest first week sales by a female artist, currently held by Britney Spears with 'Oops!...I Did It Again' :disco:/:(

Blimey. 1989 doesn't deserve to hold this record, but neither did Oops. Can't wait for ADELE to wipe both out.

Did Lana Del Rey have something to do with Wildest Dreams? It's scary how much it sounds like a Lana track.

She's taken all her music off Spotify. Whether this is a permanent thing we shall see but it seems like it's for publicity and also to increase sales. I wouldn't be surprised if it all comes back in a month or two.

She's selling albums by the MILLION so I imagine she's comfortable enough not to need a pittance from Spotify. I doubt she'll put it back up anytime soon.

I wonder if she'll inspire other artists to follow suit? For the top tier pop stars, Spotify doesn't actually provide any really compelling benefit - they pay an absolute pittance.

I find removing your material from Spotify more logical if you were an emerging act, not someone who is about to break a record for sales.

I find removing your material from Spotify more logical if you were an emerging act, not someone who is about to break a record for sales.

I suppose there are arguments for and against, but surely the aim of an emerging act is to get their music heard through as many channels as possible, making Spotify a valuable tool.

The aim of an established act is to get as many people as possible to buy their material. Spotify doesn't really contribute anything on that score - if anything it's going to lead to less people buying.

Last edited:
Just as I was coming to that Wank It Off track she goes and deletes it. She can continue to fuck off, I just won't listen to her music. Prick.

I think it's a total knobhead move to remove her entire back catalogue from Spotify.

Fair enough, hold off 1989 until the initial sales boom dies down, but why remove your entire EXISTENCE from online streaming? This won't encourage anyone to buy the album. They'll legally download it instead.

Stupid.

I recommend Red to any TSwift neophytes. It shits over 1989 which is too Bjorkle for my liking.

I had a lot of her songs on my playlist, and now they just don't play and it doesn't skip over them. She's fucked me right over.

RATE

08 Welcome to NY - super pandering obv but hard to deny. Lovely sparkly chorus.
07 Blank Page - nice enough, chorus a bit long mind you
04 Style - v beige, entirely hook free
11 Out of the Woods - it deserves to be her Since U Been Gone. Total monster. The middle 8 is almost too much :disco:
08 All You Had to Do Was Stay - bland but undeniable, another gorgeous middle 8
05 Shake it Off - don't really like it still but I'll probably be all over it by next March
06 I Wish You Would - not the most distinctive hook on there
08 Bad Blood - must be a single. Hot trash
10 Wildest Dreams - seeing as Lena has become too morbid to function, this fills the void superbly
09 How You Get the Girl - two chorii? Thank God the world has Max Martin. Very Avril.
07 This Love - a nice change of pace, not the most memorable mind
07 I Know Places - fillerish but the chorus will do nicely
09 Clean - gorgeous. Swift X Heap EP please.

Jark I URGE you to listen to the bonus tracks from the deluxe edition, they're too good to miss out

can't find unpitched versions though

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G0x3e0LJpRI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New Romantics is really too bloody good to be a bonus track.

Fantastic album. Not having her albums on Spotify has worked for me - as upon listening to a friend's version of the album at our mini first listening party I have just downloaded from itunes. It opens nicely with 'Welcome to NY' then it is followed by a fantastic 5-6 tracks. Bad Blood isn't for me and could have been replaced by any of the bonus tracks. I fully expect the later tracks to grow on me but at the moment I'm totally pre-occupied with the first half of the album.

07 Welcome to NY
11 Blank Page
10 Style
13 Out of the Woods
10 All You Had to Do Was Stay
10 Shake it Off
10 I Wish You Would
02 Bad Blood
09 Wildest Dreams
10 How You Get the Girl
05 This Love
04 I Know Places
04 Clean

Last edited:
It's been all about STYLE today, I really want it as a single :disco:

JUST TAKE ME HOME!!!!!

Bad Blood is terrible, a little bit too on the cringeworthy spectrum for my liking.

Overall I think it's a solid effort though. Out of The Woods is just UNDENIABLE.

I haven't really been the biggest fan of her previously (gay remix of Love Story the notable exception) but Out of the Woods is such an exciting pop song, I just love how it builds.

In the clear yet? GOOD. :disco:

the Blank Space / Style / Out of the Woods 123 combo is eye twitchingly amazing.

Got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you ooii'm insane
'Cause you know I love the players, and you love the GAME!

"This Love" is quite haunting too, love when she subtly pulls off a ballad like that.

"Bad Blood" isn't particularly "cringe" to me, rather it just could be so much better than the middling track it is. It doesn't go anywhere. It is refreshing to get a song from her that is explicitly not about about an boyfriend/ex-boyfriend though.

I can only echo the majesty that is the run from "Blank Space" to "Shake It Off", it's fucking relentless pop hook central and they could all be hits. "I Wish You Would" may be added to that run; it's still growing.

It's definitely her most consistently solid effort and least fillerish but Speak Now probably edges it overall, just.

Last edited:
"I Wish You Would" may be added to that run; it's still growing.

The brilliant "You always knew how to PUSH MY BUTTONS" hook will some come a-KNOCKING, don't worry about that.

I'm quite enjoying this album and I never expected to be playing a Taylor Swift album. However, this kinda thing was done much better last year by Tegan & Sara on the 'Heartthrob' album.

I'm quite enjoying this album and I never expected to be playing a Taylor Swift album. However, this kinda thing was done much better last year by Tegan & Sara on the 'Heartthrob' album.

This. It's such a great sound I wonder why more people aren't hopping on.

This bitch is going to ruin Spotify (if this is going to be a trend that more singers will follow). I couldn't care for her music and I hope most people will download ot illegally instead.

Second single music video...

Thank you for bringing this album to my attention :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom