Taylor Swift - evermore

No but I have certainly followed her since her synth pop days. I have listened to both albums. They’re cute but haven’t stuck with me. There were some great songs on Willow but haven’t really given Evermore much of a chance. I’m a huge Americana fan so I guess my expectations for this project were a little high

I like her though. I like that she uses her fame and opportunity to disrupt the industry, and she doesn’t give two fucks about it.

And I love her friendship with Haim and both collabs are brilliant

No but I have certainly followed her since her synth pop days. I have listened to both albums. They’re cute but haven’t stuck with me. There were some great songs on Willow but haven’t really given Evermore much of a chance. I’m a huge Americana fan so I guess my expectations for this project were a little high

I like her though. I like that she uses her fame and opportunity to disrupt the industry, and she doesn’t give two fucks about it.
funks, do you know State of Grace and All Too Well from Red? they are probably her two best loved songs among the fanbase, pre-mega popstar era, neither a single but both incredible examples of her best songwriting. I think you'd enjoy if you're not familiar already

funks, do you know State of Grace and All Too Well from Red? they are probably her two best loved songs among the fanbase, pre-mega popstar era, neither a single but both incredible examples of her best songwriting. I think you'd enjoy if you're not familiar already

I don't but I shall investigate...

The country pastiche of "No Body No Crime" and "Betty" are my least favorites of those albums.

Folklore won the Grammy's Album of the Year. She's the first female to win AOTY three times. Her eleventh Grammy overall.

I keep coming back to both of these albums again and again. There's magic in them. Pleased she got the win!

headed back to #2 in the US this week now that vinyls are shipping. looking at 130k+ with around 100k physicals and the biggest weekly vinyl sales of any artist ever :o

headed back to #2 in the US this week now that vinyls are shipping. looking at 130k+ with around 100k physicals and the biggest weekly vinyl sales of any artist ever :o

Ever? Nobody managed that in the US in the days before CDs dominated?

It’s the biggest vinyl sales week of the Soundscan era (1991-present), not all time

Still very impressive but I did :eyes: at her own Facebook post on the achievement leaving that little bit of info out

Wait never mind I’ve lost count on how many albums she’s released within the last 12 months.

It’s the biggest vinyl sales week of the Soundscan era (1991-present), not all time

Still very impressive but I did :eyes: at her own Facebook post on the achievement leaving that little bit of info out
She ought to release it on 8-track tape and claim that achievement as well.

She ought to release it on 8-track tape and claim that achievement as well.

Where Dolly leads… :disco:

81KQvyhNPiL._SL1500_.jpg

evermore is nominated for album of the year at the grammys. weirdly it was her only nomination, nothing for willow

Well, I was going to start catchup up but she's released another album. Anyway while everyone is listening to Midnights, I finally had a chance to give evermore a rinse.

It didn't need to be this long really, that's definitely why I've been so far behind on her, it's hard to get psyched up to listen to a 15+ track album. It didn't do a lot on the first listen, but as a soundtrack to doing some work or playing Pokemon it bedded in a bit more.

I have to admit that I must have some unconscious bias against her - because I got a lot more into this when I thought "Oh it just comes over like a Jewel album", so was she the stumbling block for me? It feels musically a bit samey after so many tracks, and her lyrics often make me feel a bit cringe. That said, easily one of the cringiest is "no body, no crime" but it sort of comes out the other side as quite fun :D I guess that's the Jewel-iest one?

Also the lower case can fuck off, as is her pissing up my itunes album order by having 2 albums in the same year and this is alphabetically earlier than Folklore :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom