Taylor Swift - folklore [New Album]

omg :o and do you have her platinum certifications breakdown for each?

Taylor Swift 7xp
Taylor Swift Holiday Collection 1xp
Fearless Diamond (10xp)
Speak Now 6xp
Red 7xp
1989 9xp
Reputation 3xp
Lover 2xp
Folklore (not yet certified)

Yeah it is. And sold out on Amazon. I presume they’ll restock and it’ll eventually not be £33 or whatever the fuck it was.

Remember there's all the bespoke vinyls too with the multiple sleeves...I wonder if they'll stagger the delivery, the same way they did with the CDs.

RE-RATE

05 The 1
09 Cardigan
07 The Last Great American Dynasty
08 Exile
08 My Tears Ricochet
10 Mirrorball
14 Seven
09 August
10 This is Me Trying
07 Illicit Affairs
07 Invisible String
07 Mad Woman
09 Epiphany
06 Betty
07 Peace
07 Hoax
09 The Lakes

For me, it's all about the 2nd half of the album. The first half is low-key acoustic Tay-Tay and has some really wonderful songs especially The Last Great American Dynasty. But on "This Is Me Trying", there is a real shift - the unusually horizontal vocal lines, the descending chord sequences of the verses, the deep reverb (very unusual for her) and the frantic delivery in places and THAT lyric; this is powerful, powerful stuff. After that, she really stretches out and produces what is, for me, her best work ever. Maybe "Peace" doesn't quite come off - in other circumstances, it would have been worked a bit harder, I feel - but elsewhere, she brings maturity and experience to topics she has previously covered - fate, infidelity, fractured relationships, maybe even bereavement depending on how literally you take "Epiphany" - and the results are absolutely thrilling. I've spent a lot of time with this album, more than I have with any of her previous albums and I have high hopes that this is the start of Phase 2.

so it turns out the Disney+ sessions thing is the ENTIRE ALBUM LIVE. here's Exile

proper winter push for this song immediately please.

all 17 live tracks now added to the album on Spotify too.

I'll have to dedicate some time to this later today

I've been listening to this album this evening and it really is SO GOOD.

Just having it on the background while I've been cooking etc the lyrics have really stood out to me. A LYRICIST!

Reactions: RJN
She released the "original" version of "The Lakes" to commemorate the album's one year anniversary. <3

Seven and August is such a great pair of songs. I always listen to them together

The whole run from "mirrorball" to "seven" to "august" to "this is me trying" is perfection. "seven" is my favorite of them and sometimes contends for my all time Taylor #1. And yes, it gives me major Lana vibes too.

I actually don't like the mid section of folklore very much at all. seven, august and even mirrorball all grate my tits a bit. too twee! SORRY.

I actually don't like the mid section of folklore very much at all. seven, august and even mirrorball all grate my tits a bit. too twee! SORRY.
arryn zech no one asked you GIF by Rooster Teeth

Guys, Folklore is LOSING THIS POLL

SWIFFERS MOBILISE!

I can't believe folklore is three years old already. that's terrifying. it feels like yesterday that it dropped on a day's notice and a magnitude 10 cuntquake tore through the very fabric of THE CULTURE.

I can't believe folklore is three years old already. that's terrifying. it feels like yesterday that it dropped on a day's notice and a magnitude 10 cuntquake tore through the very fabric of THE CULTURE.
It does feel like when the renaissance started. curious how midnights would’ve done without folklore/evermore and the TV releases in between.

Its so early Covid that it kind of feels like a million years ago to me... Definitely the beginning of her "comeback"

It's a strange one because Reputation and Lover were both SMASH HITS. Her sales didn't really flag, but Folklore definitely feels like the moment the press started fully fawning over her after a few years of (deserved) eye-rolling. It was definitely the album she needed to shift the narrative back to her original USP as a great storyteller.

It's a strange one because Reputation and Lover were both SMASH HITS. Her sales didn't really flag, but Folklore definitely feels like the moment the press started fully fawning over her after a few years of (deserved) eye-rolling. It was definitely the album she needed to shift the narrative back to her original USP as a great storyteller.

Or in other words, the media refuses to be nice about female led pop music but is quite happy doing an about turn once they go sensible/ indie.

I mean why WOULD the press be fawning over Lover? as a body of work it's distinctly beneath her, her first and only "will this do?" effort to date. and despite the narrative SHE CREATED, there was no musical backlash during Reputation.

if people were hotter on folklore it's because it was a total artistic flex and a big step up from what preceded it. doesn't scream gender bias to me.

Reactions: GNL
Or in other words, the media refuses to be nice about female led pop music
if anything many female pop albums get generically good scores these days even when not deserved, some kind of over correction from the snobbiness of 15 years ago perhaps. it certainly doesn't exist anymore though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom