04 Welcome to New York
05 Blank Space
06 Shake It Off
07 Gorgeous / Getaway Car
08 Clean
09 The Man
10 Cruel Summer

:disco:

Thing is, she started promo way back in April of 18 with ME! which from what I Can gather received mixed reviews and then followed up with another single until June and the album was released this past September no? hence why it feels old but it isn't.
ME! came out April 2019, not 18...

1. Blank Space
2. Style
3. Out of the Woods
4. Welcome to New York
5. Gorgeous
6. Delicate
7. New Romantics
8. Begin Again
9. Lover
10. You Need to Calm Down

Attention spans, innit? Everyone wants the next thing nownownow.

I watched the Netflix show yesterday - she came across as someone who has been totally damaged by other people's expectations so I kinda understood, in an off-kilter way.

The whole phone conversation and Grammy nominations is a total cringe-fest though. "I'll just write a better record" :manson: - placing that much importance on meaningless awards. Yes I know she's young and finding her way and perhaps that was the point she was trying to demonstrate (and I get that) but there wasn't sufficient 'fourth wall' being broken to properly conclude that at the end. It was barely a scratch the surface job... I still enjoyed it though.

any Taylor Top 10 without either All Too Well or state Of Grace needs to be JANCELLED

1. All Too Well
2. Style
3. New Romantics
4. Miss Americana...
5. Blank Space
6. State Of Grace
7. Red
8. Picture To Burn
9. Delicate
10. Mine

The whole phone conversation and Grammy nominations is a total cringe-fest though. "I'll just write a better record" :manson: - placing that much importance on meaningless awards. Yes I know she's young and finding her way and perhaps that was the point she was trying to demonstrate (and I get that) but there wasn't sufficient 'fourth wall' being broken to properly conclude that at the end. It was barely a scratch the surface job... I still enjoyed it though.
I cringed too, but I loved how she included it in the doc even though she probably knew it reflected poorly on her. It was also ironic given that Reputation is probably a slightly superior record than Lover.

anyway I’ll do a top ten

1. Style
2. State of Grace
3. New Romantics
4. Enchanted
5. Blank Space
6. Mine
7. This Love
8. Wildest Dreams
9. False God
10. Red

I like it but State of Grace but it's OVERRATED by the Swifties.

I don't really know All too Well.

it's one of those rare moments where she shows a different side of her artistry (lyrics are all her, hence the juvenile air around it), quite mature for her age too and it's from 2012.
I love all the dramatic production around it :disco:

"All Too Well" is what her fans consider her creative peak so far. It's a pretty fantastic song.

I’ve never cared for “All Too Well”, dull dull dull

I-

tenor.gif

Jeepers gays, hold onto your hats. It's not Ariana ruddy Grande who releases albums whenever she feels the need.

She should move on from the project? In what world?! It's back in the US top ten, UK top 20 etc. It was only released in August wasn't it? And it's Taylor bloody Swift - she isn't going to drop a new album (likely) until at least 2021 so of course she should release a couple more singles and have the campaign run right through until her summer festival shows at least.

Oh it was a one-off flippant remark. JESUS, who'd have known Swifties would get their KNICKERS in such a twist? You'd THINK her fans were a bunch of UPTIGHT LITERALISTS who get TRIGGERED and OFFENDED by any and EVERYTHING....

Oh WAIT...

I don't even like the cow, and it wasn't an attack - I just found it interesting that there were quite a few comments mentioning it is time to move on which is just so at odds with how the Swift machine (and Moopy, who love a good album campaign) works that it just seemed a bit baffling.

Taylor looks kind of hot as A MAN. Really good video. Too bad it's not the next single :(

the best pre-1989 Taylor song

I never
saw you coming
and I'll never
be the same

this is the golden age of something good
and right and real
and I never...

11/10 :disco:

the best pre-1989 Taylor song

I never
saw you coming
and I'll never
be the same

this is the golden age of something good
and right and real
and I never...

11/10 :disco:

It really is the best type of dream pop they don't make anymore. What an album opener.

That and The Archer are the best songs from the album :disco: What a lovely performance.

So "The Man" is pretty much done. "Cruel Summer" for the fifth and final single in May, please.

Physical sales have crashed and streaming is falling off too - I'd be surprised if Taylor released another single so soon.

So "The Man" is pretty much done. "Cruel Summer" for the fifth and final single in May, please.

Did it do ANYTHING though? I think they left the video too late, its momentum was during Xmas :(

and Cruel Summer really? When she has either Daylight and Miss Americana? UGH

Did it do ANYTHING though? I think they left the video too late, its momentum was during Xmas :(

and Cruel Summer really? When she has either Daylight and Miss Americana? UGH
It peaked at #20 at pop radio which isn't horrible for fourth single standards but I was hoping for something a bit better given the effort they put in the video. The overall Hot 100 peak is #23 but was from the album release. I think it is currently in the 90s on that chart.

"Daylight" and "Miss Americana" are just OK

The album has done great though. 2.6m and counting - it should see triple platinum when said and done which is a result considering the weird singles rollout. Get it right next time.

Cruel Summer remaining an album highlight is probably preferable to it bombing

Are we really debating that if there's a next single it is anything but Cruel Summer? :disco:

Finally re-enters the Hot 100 after months of creeping up Spotify charts. Hopefully they push it at radio. If it's doing this in May, it will be top ten by July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom