Taylor Swift - Out of the Woods

Halli

Helen (Helz) from Saturday Kitchen.
Out of the Woods confirmed as the next single. Video dropping NYE

New Romantics though :(

CW136b3UwAAmLIO.jpg

A radio edit popped up on one of those promo only radio issue CD's a few weeks ago so I hoped it would mark a release for the song.

I think it's perhaps a little late in the campaign for it to do anything MAJOR but it's still nice that it won't be completely overlooked.

Considering how loved this song is on moopy, can we split the thread to have a proper thread for Out of The Woods?

A radio edit popped up on one of those promo only radio issue CD's a few weeks ago so I hoped it would mark a release for the song.

A Radio Edit? There's no need to butcher the song :grr: but I suppose millions of people have the Album Version already and if she wants to score another Top 10 they had to sort of remix it.

Love this.

Singing starts at about 1.08.

I'd love this to be a massive hit, but as others have said it's a little late in the day. Delighted it's a single though and I expect it'll follow in the line of great videos in this campaign.

Truly her (second) greatest song ever.

Last edited:
i'm rather pleased (it's her best song after style) despite still thinking she's awful.

Following Mariah's steps no doubt :disco:

Babe when TayTay decides to summon unparalleled vocals that will be imitated never duplicated THEN we'll talk. Until then, we can SHELF this bimbo in the appropriate CABINET that will inevitably be burned in some random house fire.

T-Swift 1989 Singles rank:

1. Style
2. Blank Space
3. Out of the Woods
4. Shake It Off
5. Wildest Dreams
*massive gap*
6. Bad Blood

They've done an excellent job with the single choices this time around, even if "Bad Blood" is rotten the remix was an easy gimmicky #1 so can't fault them. The only thing to make the campaign better would be unleashing "New Romantics" as a fun for colombia seventh single exclusive

so I downloaded the concert thing on my Roku and it's boring ass hell, I for one I'm glad she never ventured into south America! And how dubbed is it? She sounds tolerable!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JLf9q36UsBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh my god.

You have to hand it to this bitch. She plays the pop game so very well.

I really like that video. I like that her videos are just fun to watch and not all self-indulgent.

I feel like the concept loses itself somewhere around the middle-eight, but it's still visually stunning - particularly for a sixth single.

Utterly SPECTACULAR. I'm so pleased she's given it the video it deserves.

Fantastic. I didn't think she'd be as obvious as having the video set (partly) in some actual woods, but it definitely works.

Is this the one shot in NZ?

Not a bad tune, and as above - fuck me she can play the pop game.

I like the video but there are too many cheap edits to really make it stand out. Some of the transitions really don't work but then it's the same in quite a few of Joseph Kahns videos - I guess budget eventually comes into play at some point.

Last edited:
It's pretty, and the song remains something of a jam.

The only bit of the video that really excites me is the mud bit during the middle eight. The rest seems really obvious and blatant CGI-y for me, which isn't a good look IMO. But yeah, agreed that the fact that we're getting anything that isn't a 'tour video' for a sixth single is impressive.

i'm glad people are still making big budget videos, but i find this one crap. it's her that's the problem - i find her stiff and gangly, there's no grace or tension in her movement and her face is just a blank.

the song's still good.

I'm sure it will be a surprise Valentine's Day buzz release just FOR THE FANZ

I wonder if she's going to go back to her pop/faux-country roots with this next album (presumably due by the end of this year) or stick with the unabashedly pop direction of 1989. She seemed to at least marry the two genres decently well between Fearless and Speak Now to a lesser extent, but Red was so uneven, fragmented in what it wanted to be it was kind of pointless.

Last edited:
It's hard to imagine the label allowing her to go back to country-pop when all of her international hit singles in the last 5 years have been straight up pop.

Do we think her next release will actually be a Greatest Hits package? Her self-titled debut will be a decade old this year :o

1. New song
2. Tim McGraw
3. Teardrops on My Guitar
4. Love Story
5. You Belong With Me
6. White Horse
7. Mine
8. Back to December
9. Mean
10. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
11. Begin Again
12. I Knew You Were Trouble
13. 22
14. Everything Has Changed
15. Shake It Off
16. Blank Space
17. Style
18. Bad Blood
19. Wildest Dreams
20. Out of the Woods
21. New song

That'd leave out a few notable country singles for America ("Our Song", "Should've Said No", "Sparks Fly", "Ours" were all Country #1s) but oh well

Last edited:
I've tried listening to Taylor Swift songs in the past to understand what the fuss is all about. No success.
This is a nice video and the chorus is kinda addictive. But there's something about her voice and her face that makes want to smack her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom