Taylor Swift - Out of the Woods

Jark

User

The propulsion of the chorus, the breathless rush of the middle 8, the lyrics ("the monsters turned out to be just trees, and when the sun came up you were LOOKING AT ME!") - it's all just so flawless, a truly perfect pop song. It does not get old.

My only criticism is that the video is expensive but a bit spent of ideas and a bit on-the-nose. Otherwise this remains my favourite Taylor Swift song. It's a shame they released it so late in the campaign - should've been single 3 over Style.

Hey BEST SONG. Deffo should have been a single earlier than it was. There's a TV performance from the time where she just plops around a catwalk stage that is quite joyous.

I'm only really interested in 80s power-pop Taylor. Everything else leaves me cold really. Out Of The Woods, Style and Delicate are my eternal TS top 3 :disco:

Pretty damn special. Agree the video is a bit busy but I still like it (being set in NZ means it appeals a bit more to me I guess). To be fair I'm fine w/it being such a late single. I feel the other 5 were perhaps just as/if not more commercial or obvious.

talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show-stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it, 100/10. it's all those things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom