Taylor Swift - Red (4th Album)

Generally, I see Taylor Swift as a hellsow, but that song did get me a little bit. This is how it begins... I'll be listening to the Military Wives and Adele soon :(

Actually, just watched the video for Never Ever Ever Ever Getting Back Togethererer and my irrational hatred is back. Her face is so very punchable as it is, without her adding douchey hipster glasses to the equation.

I just saw the video and it's actually amazing. :disco:

The song is really growing on me now but I'm just curious to what kind of direction it will leave for the album... it's not really similar to any of her other singles, it's a bit like what I imagine Lily Allen would be like if she was marketed to tweens.

Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Radio 1 have A-listed this. I didn't see that coming!

Back up to 5 on iTunes. I knew WANEGBT would hold well.

WANEGBT is back up to #4 on UK iTunes, it had its best sales week yet last week, it might do even better this week in that case.

Bit dull but pleasant enough after a couple of listens. Less country though please Tay.

It's a 'promo single'. We'll be getting three more each week before the album.

Doing well on UK iTunes too, now that's a nice surprise.

I think it's an actual single - for Country radio. But it is necessary since "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" is doing a whole lot of nothing on that format, which is to be expected really given that it's a pop song through and through.

Here's the title track:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ZW8QNIiu1A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

which sounds great

i LOVE that. especially the guitar that kicks in at around 2:30. i love that photoshoot of her too

The other Max Martin track from the album is AMAZING

Hmm, it's a bit BASIC and the chorus isn't really that strong, not that the verses are much better either. It's fine, but very much a decent album track at best.

ooooh i love that one too. even though she doesn't sound like her in places.

anyway I AM READY FOR THIS ALBUM. :disco:

*gets ditched and lies down*

rE_ZbfPiyk6LUScsyZ9Ahw2.gif

The final promo track, very different from her

i was convinced i'd stumbled onto a fake when i first heard it on youtube, it sounds NOTHING like her :D

The excitement evidently evaporated rather quickly :D

I actually really like this album. I've never really been massively into her besides the singles so I'm guessing that large chunks of it are what she's been peddling since her debut. But tracks like 'Red', 'I Knew You Were Trouble', 'Starlight' and 'State Of Grace' are really solid little pop songs.

well my initial reaction was "OH MY GOD CRAP" after the first couple of listens. but it has grown on me a lot now. at first i thought the different writers and producers she's brought on board this time round made the album sound like a jarring hodge podge of songs, and i really do NOT like the two duets, they're BORING nonsense, but i'm really growing to like the rest. i was listening this morning and "trecherous" finally clicked with me. :disco:

She's got 13 songs in the US iTunes top 20. Has that happened before?

She did something similar with Speak Now if I remember correctly, although I think that was the entire album in top 100.

Last edited:
I listened to this yesterday and aside from a few dull ballads (most of which, distractingly, are in the first half of the album), it's very good. I expected every song besides the promo singles to be "Taylor by numbers," which I suppose isn't a problem IN ITSELF, but it was nice to find a nice bit of a variety without it sounding like a mish-mash. 22 will OBVIOUSLY be a single at some point (it sounds kind of like Ke$ha meets Busted), I actually really like the duet with Gary Lightbody, and there's another one on there that sounds like a poppier Ingrid Michaelson track which is quite nice but I forget which one it is right now.

Overall better than I was expecting as I've never been a HUGE fan.

In the first line of 22 I keep expecting her to sing "it feels like a perfect night to dress up like HITLER" :D

omg "22" rips off both singles by Hot Chelle Rae (WHO?) NOTE BY NOTE it's HYSTERICAL! :D

1 Taylor Swift Everything Has Changed (feat. Ed Sheeran)
3 Taylor Swift I Almost Do
4 Taylor Swift 22
5 Taylor Swift All Too Well
8 Taylor Swift Treacherous
11 Taylor Swift Stay Stay Stay
13 Taylor Swift Starlight
14 Taylor Swift The Last Time (feat. Gary Lightbody)
15 Taylor Swift Holy Ground
16 Taylor Swift The Lucky One
17 Taylor Swift Red
19 Taylor Swift Sad Beautiful Tragic
20 Taylor Swift We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
21 Taylor Swift I Knew You Were Trouble
22 Taylor Swift I Knew You Were Trouble.
31 Taylor Swift Begin Again
32 Taylor Swift State of Grace
38 Taylor Swift State of Grace
39 Taylor Swift We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
65 Taylor Swift Red

I guess it's not every week we get a new Taylor album and this happens :disco:

I have yet to listen to the album but I'm well excited. I wonder if it will top Oops!... I Did It Again for best solo female sales debut in history (1,319,193). Probably not but I can see it beating Speak Now's opening of 1.05m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom