Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor’s version) - out Nov 2021

Every time I hear "we can go driving in on my scooter, just araaand Laandaan." I just think of Moped crime gangs :(

Wildest Dreams has been having a moment on TikTok so she dropped Taylor's Version early :D

very faithful to the original, a few extra backing vox layered in there. she sounds amazing. such a classic.

Wildest Dreams has been having a moment on TikTok so she dropped Taylor's Version early :D

very faithful to the original, a few extra backing vox layered in there. she sounds amazing. such a classic.

Wait, so if he want Style early we just need to make it a Tik Tok meme?

Who is our hottest Mooper with an extensive wardrobe!? :disco:

Cruel Summer
Cornelia Street
The Archer
You Need to Calm Down
London Boy
The Man
Soon You'll Get Better
Afterglow

I love the Lover EP, so nice that she made such a tight 8 track record.
Um, where is the SULTRY GEM "False God"?

Here is my Lover EP:

1. Cruel Summer
2. Lover
3. The Man
4. Archer
5. Paper Rings
6. False God
7. You Need to Calm Down
8. Afterglow

No Max Martin on production? Will be interesting to see how 1989 and especially Reputation turn out although I guess having Shellback on board might be enough?

do you think it's for All Too Well (Taylor's Version) or All Too Well (Taylor's Version - bonus - 10 minute edit)? :o

do you think it's for All Too Well (Taylor's Version) or All Too Well (Taylor's Version - bonus - 10 minute edit)? :o
The rumoured extra verse! :love:

(Kinda hope not as the song's perfect and I guess there was a reason it got left on the cutting room floor in the first place, but LET'S SEE :o)

so this is out tomorrow and it leaked last night.

apparently it's less faithful to the original album overall than Fearless TV was. for example, Girl at Home now has full on synthpop production.

apparently the "weeeee!"s in We Are Never are quite different and seem to be going down badly :D

but overall I'm seeing high praise, especially for All Too Well. the 10 minute version has a lot of additional lyrics and production and includes the lyric "fuck the patriarchy" :D :D :D I can't wait!

I see All Too Well (Original Scooter's version) is lingering in the bottom of the Spotify US top 40 :eyes: BUT, Enchanted is TOP 10 😍

The power of TikTok is incredible. How long till she throws out Enchanted (Taylor's Version)?

• Love
Reactions: RJN
her dramatics are pure camp.

D56d9qqWkAETcpJ.jpg

Enchanted is maybe my favorite song on Speak Now. And maybe I’m getting ahead of myself but if she released her version tomorrow with All Too Well, I could see them being the top 2 on the hot 100 next week

I listened to the leak of the ten minute All Too Well and I don't know exactly how I feel about it. Like I liked the new parts and some of the lines were really gut punching (probably intentionally). The line about the ages was the most. And it did say "fuck the patriarchy " :D. I was really into it for like 8 minutes but it dragged a little at the end. But then if it was only 8 minutes, it wouldn't have gotten the hype. I'll probably listen to it 10 more times tomorrow and change my mind about all of it.

god. State of Grace is just one of the best songs EVER.

we learned to live with the pain
MOSAIC BROKEN HEARTS
but this love is brave and...
WIIIIIIIILD!!!!!!

🧡

this new version is absolutely perfect. so full. she sounds phenomenal.

assistant! bring me a caramel frappuccino stat!

I have a lot of thoughts I need to unpack about All Too Well (both versions, more on that in a sec) but overall this album is fantastic.

- many of the songs match or improve on the originals (Treacherous, Red, Begin Again, State of Grace)
- I'm taking notice of songs (The Last Time, Sad Beautiful Tragic) that I never gave much time to before
- We Are Never Ever... is hilariously off, and I'm not even going to hit play on Trouble (shit song anyway)
- several of the vault tracks are AMAZING? like, so good. Nothing New with Phoebe is lovely, Message in a Bottle is PURE 1989, and Forever Winter is the real revelation — gorgeous brass

as for All Too Well... the 5 minute version is a bit too clean and lacking the urgency of the original for me. her deeper vocal sounds good but again takes me out of a bit. so I'm keeping the original.

the 10 minute version is... an entirely new song? :D they stitched in a couple of verses but they should have called this (Part II) because it's entirely different. I like it, it flies by and the outro is lovely, but it's more of a nice to have than anything essential and Jack's production is oddly muted.

overall — she is insane, her talent is matched only by her hatred for Scooter Braun and the patriarchy, and this is an excellent re-record of an album that I think is WAY stronger than I ever gave it credit for. In fact Red (TV) is possibly her best work.

sorry for the essay but, on a Wednesday, in a cafe... I watched it begin again. :disco: queen!!!

Trouble is good but it's definitely not the best thing on RED (Taylor's version or originale). Sorry girls.

I never listened to this at the time but folklore and evermore properly won me over so giving it a go now. The singles really aren't that representative and enjoying it much more than I thought I would. 22 is still annoying though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom