Taylor Swift - Reputation

God "Delicate" doesn't ever stop growing does it?

I am looning over it this weekend.

It’s very nearly my favourite of her singles thus far - although the fact that it hasn’t been a huge hit (has it?) and plastered everywhere for months certainly helps.

#12 in the USA and still climbing, which is pretty decent all things considered.

Never got higher than #45 in the UK though.

I agree, I think it's one of my favourite things she's ever done. Song and video.

Yeah it’s been a huge radio hit in the States, #1 on pop radio. Streaming, and perhaps sales, may keep it from the top ten. Pretty good considering “End Game”, “Ready for It” didn’t really have legs or do nearly as well at their peak.

“Call it What You Want” next please

She'll be voting... democrat

Do8VmF_UwAAFv8k.jpg

Note, if you will, that she waited for the US leg of the tour to finish before she said so. Mind you, with the crazy elemnt of her audience she was probably afraid of being shot or something...

Note, if you will, that she waited for the US leg of the tour to finish before she said so. Mind you, with the crazy elemnt of her audience she was probably afraid of being shot or something...

I kind of low key love that she rinsed all that MAGA money before doing this.

I never really bought the whole Aryan princess thing, she always struck me as a #GIRLBOSS Hillary supporter.

It is pretty ironic that the Democrat she's endorsing is openly saying that he would have voted in Kavanaugh, guess reaching across the aisle to peel off some Republican votes is more important than giving a far-right-wing rapist lifelong power to veto all your policies.

Well, to give credit where credit is due, she's galvanising a sizeable chunk of young people to vote similarly

Yes but they'll probably vote for whoever SHE'S voting for. Which isn't really the pointing of voting at all.

And Tennessee "Democrats" are mostly bullshit anyway. TN has been and will be white trash for decades to come. Their liberal policies are mostly just "I Can't Believe It's Not Republican!"

Seems clear that her people were telling her to stay out of politics and, now that the US leg of the tour is done, she feels she can speak. Cynical but smart. Which kinda sums up how she rolls.

Mind you, I have mental images of her avoiding Charli XCX's LGBTQIA+++++ entourage backstage for fear of a lecture...

I'm still enjoying this album a lot after a long break from it. Gorgeous, Delicate and Getaway Car are, if not quite TOP TIER TAY TAY, very good nonetheless.

I read a while back she was supposed to release yet another single, "Getaway Car" but now I see it was an Australia/New Zealand exclusive. Have you STREAMED it yet KC?

I wanted I Did Something Bad as a nice little closer to this half-arsed campaign and AWFUL album tbh. Delicate is still the best thign she did from it :disco:

I don't think the campaign was necessarily "half-arsed" but the fact that she didn't re-sign with her label and moved on maybe says something about Big Machine's lack of willingness to throw good money after bad when they realised it wasn't shifting. The tour has probably made her more than any of her albums anyway.

Bizarrely I'm just getting in to this album now.

Finger on the pulse as always

Delicate really is something else and one of her best songs ever.

Oh, so is the album campaign dead then?

I thought it was moving slowly last time I checked, but then Delicate was still shaping up into a solid Billboard hit so I figured maybe they were just going to hold off rushing out another single.

Delicate has had long legs and become a pretty big hit in the US, but there's a new album next year supposedly so they probably don't want to overexpose her.

REPUTATION TOP 5

01 Delicate
02 Getaway Car
03 Gorgeous
04 This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
05 Don't Blame Me / New Year's Day

I'm excited for what comes next, I have a feeling she'll deliver something closer to 1989 quality now she's had a taste of mild backlash and seemingly come through it unscathed.

She definitely NEEDS to get over herself now. The “backlash” was nowhere near as extreme as you’d think from listening to the album.

But yeah, hopefully now she’s had her say, she’ll focus on making a SOLID album without needing to hammer home a perceived rhetoric about her reputation.

I do so like “Look What You Made Me Do”, but it would be so good if it actually had a chorus. I am JARRED every time it comes on...

I'm listening to this album on this awful rainy windy Sunday mid-morning and I am finding myself liking it.

Suedey U-turn on TayTay is in FULL SWING.

It was a bit of a let down after 1989, but a real grower of an album. Could do without "Look What You Made Me Do".

Getaway Car, Delicate and New Years Day are career highlights. Gorgeous, Ready For It, Nice Things, King of My Heart and Don't Blame Me are great too. So in summary it's a really killer 8 track EP - she did that! :disco:

REPUTATION TOP 5:

1. Delicate
2. End Game
3. Call it What You Want
4. So it Goes...
5. ...Ready for it?

Y'know, I never really felt the need to go back to this one, maybe I should.

End Game is one of the worst songs of her career. A moment of try hard faux urban whatever? Featuring Ed fucking Sheeran? Literally disgusting!

Don't Blame Me is having an unexpected viral moment :o

just as she made a "joke" at an awards show speech about being canceled by the internet and almost losing her career :eyes: a Tay Tay victomhood complex is truly channeling reputation era :disco:

Y'know, I never really felt the need to go back to this one, maybe I should.

Still haven't - given how things then developed, I should go back. Can this be retconned as a fuck-you kiss-off to Big Machine? Or did she genuinely lose her way for a bit?

Still haven't - given how things then developed, I should go back. Can this be retconned as a fuck-you kiss-off to Big Machine? Or did she genuinely lose her way for a bit?
I mean, she brought a knife to a gun fight. What was she thinking?

I’m years late but I’ve really got into Getaway Car of late.

Given she was finding it hard to grab a hit at this point, is there any logical reason why that wasn’t released as a single? It’s such a massive pop song I would’ve expected that it would’ve been right there for the label to release with an incredibly obvious Bonnie and Clyde video to go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom