Taylor Swift - Shake It Off

It's a good pop song but not a great Taylor Swift song - just like most of her other hits. I'm sure it'll be massive but I'm more interested in what the album has in store (insert 7252th reference to "All Too Well").

Last edited:
It's a good pop song but not a great Taylor Swift song - just like most of her other hits. I'm sure it'll be massive but I'm more interested in what the album has in store (insert 7252th reference to "All Too Well").

52th? :eyes:

I don't know ANYTHING about Taylor apart from her two big singles but LOVE THIS. The video is an obvious piss take at Avril, Gags, Jessie J etc, I don't see why she is "selling out" at all. And as for a career-killer. OH VoR. #2 on iTunes and is almost #1 which for On Air/On Sale is quite impressive considering she's up against a massive song from David Guetta. Think he'll pip her to the #1 at the weekend though.

The David Guetta song isn't going to be that big even if it is at #1. I think she'll get there next week if there's no big competition, this week is too late to catch up with Guetta I think.

I just watched the video again. I clocked references to Hollaback Girl, Gags, Beyoncé's Mine, any number of "ratchet" pop stars (Miley, Rihanna)...

I've just realised how much she seems to be channelling Katy Perry to an almost amusing extent.

Last edited:
I don't know ANYTHING about Taylor apart from her two big singles but LOVE THIS. The video is an obvious piss take at Avril, Gags, Jessie J etc, I don't see why she is "selling out" at all. And as for a career-killer. OH VoR. #2 on iTunes and is almost #1 which for On Air/On Sale is quite impressive considering she's up against a massive song from David Guetta. Think he'll pip her to the #1 at the weekend though.

I don't think Jessie J and Avril Lavigne are quite at the level of relevance to be having the piss taken out of them in 2014. She's genuinely just being as shit as they are.

A strong negative reaction to a female pop star comeback on Moopy?! I thought I'd NEVER SEE THE DAY!

i'm surprised there are 50 posts on this already to be honest. i don't find it offensive to be honest. she's close to the dictionary definition of gormo but she's certainly not the biggest offender out there.

Is this the official lead? or an iTunes buzz single?

It's too childish for me. I feel to artistically sophisticated having listened to ARTPOP right before watching this video.

It's a no from me.

Lily Allen did the ghetto bit in that video with the WORLDWIDE BUZZ SINGLE 'Hard out Here'

I quite like the song though, but all this parody shit just feels DONE

Meanwhile on iTunes...

#1 United States
#1 United Kingdom
#1 Argentina
#1 Australia
#1 Bolivia
#1 Brazil
#1 Bulgaria
#1 Cambodia
#1 Canada
#1 Costa Rica
#1 Cyprus
#1 Ecuador
#1 El Salvador
#1 Greece
#1 Guatemala
#1 Indonesia
#1 Ireland
#1 Israel
#1 Malaysia
#1 New Zealand
#1 Norway
#1 Peru
#1 Philippines
#1 Singapore
#1 Sri Lanka
#1 Sweden
#1 Thailand
#1 Vietnam
#2 Belize
#2 Bermuda
#2 Chile
#2 Colombia
#2 Czech Republic
#2 Dominican Republic
#2 Egypt
#2 Finland
#2 Hong Kong
#2 Hungary
#2 Mexico
#2 Paraguay
#2 Poland
#2 Qatar
#2 South Africa
#2 Spain
#2 Taiwan
#2 United Arab Emirates
#3 Brunei Darussalam
#3 Canada
#3 Cape Verde
#3 Denmark
#3 Lebanon
#3 Luxembourg
#3 Macau
#4 Panama
#4 Turkey
#5 Belarus
#5 India
#6 Netherlands
#7 Italy
#7 Japan
#7 Latvia
#8 Portugal
#8 Slovakia
#8 Zimbabwe
#10 Armenia

Congrats to her. It's a good song.

FLUSH!

Btw will it chart in the UK, it's an instant grat, right? I still can't remember the rules

FLUSH!

Btw will it chart in the UK, it's an instant grat, right? I still can't remember the rules

I think only the first one can. That's why Problem is charting, but Break Free isn't.

Not too keen on the song; it's a few notches down from the lead singles from her previous albums, but at least it's catchy. I honestly don't know how to react to 4mins of awkward dancing:| totally agree about the Girlfriend/ Hollaback Girl references, but I never expected Taylor to pull the self- deprecating card so soon

Her performance was actually one of my faves of the night. It was a simple but enjoyable pop performance - apart from the non-jump stunt. I can imagine Cherly seeing that and thinking "these basic bitches :rolleyes:".

What DID make me realise how DREADFUL she is was her dumb as fuck dancing and weird gyrating throughout the performances. I felt sorry for poor Lorde having to sit next to that for 2 hours.

I don't care much at all for her music, but honestly the VMAs made me realise Lorde is the only one with her head properly screwed on. FOR NOW at least. Like a Jennifer Lawrence of pop music.

I don't care much at all for her music, but honestly the VMAs made me realise Lorde is the only one with her head properly screwed on. FOR NOW at least. Like a Jennifer Lawrence of pop music.

I don't know, with her KOOKY dancing, whitest-white-girl image and mugging for any camera that can be used for GIFable moments, I'd say Taylor Swift is more of a Jennifer Lawrence type, or at least tries really, really hard to be.

Last edited:
Anyone for a Thanksgiving-themed parody of this starring him from Mean Girls (and some other people)?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TJObjz-fi18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No I didn't think so :gross:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom