Taylor Swift

VoR

Take it or leave it
This Country/pop singer is MASSIVE in America, and unlike most country acts seems to have a healthy career on the singles charts too. I notice Love Story is the Radio 2 record of the week this week, so she'll probably be getting a bit of a push. Whether she can break the R2 curse remains to be seen, but I don't think her getting Radio 1 support too is entirely out of the question as she's young, pretty and has absolutely no discernable singing ability whatsoever. :D

I find it very difficult to distinguish 'country' from pop these days in America. This is a hint of steel fiddle away from being a Hilary Duff record.

Last edited:
It's more like pop with a bit of a twang to it, but I do like her. I prefer the hit single off her first album "Teardrops on My Guitar":

And she's so pretty :sheena:

Last edited by a moderator:
And this was the version that became a hit (the POP REMIX)

She has SLITTY eyes and she's dull as a broom no wonder she's nothing outside the US

I'd like to clarify that I don't like her one little bit. Her voice is completely awful and her lyrics make me cringe. But I thought I'd post this as she has a fair chance of becoming quite popular.

I previewed some of her stuff on iTunes awhile back and found her voice to be beyond awful. And for someone who likes most female country singers that's quite a shock!

I bought her last album whilst I was in America and I have to say, I thought it was bland as hell (besides 'Teardrops On My Guitar', the pop version of which is quite lovely). That said, I am slightly interested in her because this latest album has already been massive!

I've heard of her, apparently she sells truckloads stateside? How? There is really nothing there.

During my short lived obsession with "Change", I bought her first album, it was VERY disappointing. The new album 'Fearless' is much better however, and definitely has potential out of the US.

A lot of her songs seem to be remixed for the Pop market, which is probably her main market anyway, so she'll probably be forgotten (much like Gretchen Wilson) in a couple of years MAX.

She's a strange one. Quite appealling but I'm not really sure why. She's not all that attractive and her voice is not good AT ALL but her songs... are. Love Story is pretty great. Carrie Underwood should be the one terrorising the UK, not Taylor, but any country-pop INVASION is fine by me.

My friends love her, the most I know is her mentalist carry on when she got dumped by Joe Jonas and posted it all over the internet. The YouTube video of her re-creating it with dolls is gold.

She is stun gorge. :disco:

And I love that she has that hot piece Justin Gaston in her video. Shame she was cruelly ditched by one of those ugly as fuck Jonas dweebs.

Last edited:
And she's still just a teenager, I imagine she'll become even more stunning in a few years time.

There appears to be some kind of karaoke version of 'Love Story' in the Uk itunes chart already, so maybe it actually is going to be a big hit...

I really don't get her at all.

16527358mrspeakeasy28200985807AM.jpg

I've come to really fucking HATE this song! Her voice is so nasty and processed...

Debuted at number 2 tonight, What is the appeal of this cunt? her voice is completely unremarkable. Those YANKS love their shite country-lite don't they.

Debuted at number 2 tonight, What is the appeal of this cunt? her voice is completely unremarkable. Those YANKS love their shite country-lite don't they.

Apparently you guys do, too. :)

Last edited:
I love "Love Story" sooooo much. The way the story is told and then how it so succinctly slips into a huge happy ending to finish. She sounds so happy on "Go pick out a white dress"

My friend met her a couple of weeks ago and apparently she is really adorable.

She is doing V Festival as well. Actually, for the first time in YEARS the line up for V really appeals to me, The Killers, Biffy Clyro, Pendulum, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, MGMT etc.

I REALLY want to see her live, but she's SOLD OUT her two dates over here. :(

I am quite lovng the CSI remix of her 'You're Not Sorry' but can't seem to find an mp3 version of it :(

She looks SO much hotter in her videos than she does nomally, she's on tmf doing countdowns quite a bit atm but not impressed with her

I REALLY want to see her live, but she's SOLD OUT her two dates over here. :(

That is because people like my friend have bought tickets to go to both shows.

She is going to be bankrupt when the Jonas world tour dates go on sale, I tell thee!

She performed "You're Not Sorry" at the American Country Awards, as she drifts further into the pop territory.

For some reason the 'magical stage entrance' made me *almost* LOL.

I'm perplexed by that entrance.

It appears to have nothing to do with ANYTHING.

I previewed some of her stuff on iTunes awhile back and found her voice to be beyond awful. And for someone who likes most female country singers that's quite a shock!

I'd like to clarify that I don't like her one little bit. Her voice is completely awful and her lyrics make me cringe. But I thought I'd post this as she has a fair chance of becoming quite popular.

I can only add my agreememt.
As a fan of most female country singers and a lot of female pop singers, this one scrapes the bottom of the barrel in both categories. Which won't stop her outselling all the good ones, of course.

WTF is that entrance about? :D she is really a peculiar looking lady (whilst being pretty). She's like if Jewel and Lene Marlin had a kid

in other news i am STILL ALL OVER LOVE STORY .. it's amazing *hearts*

Has anyone heard the CSI remix of "You're Not Sorry"? Apparently it was used in an eppisode on which Taylor featured and it's quite GORGEOUS. Pisses all over "Love Story".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom