Taylor Swift

I'm getting COMMUNION vibes from those EYES

communion.jpg

NOT HOT

OT: Christian your avatar is scaring the shit out of me. Rasputin always creeps me (along with John Lennon when he had the long hair, oddly enough). I must have had childhood nightmares about them both.

Taylor-wise i quite like You Belong With Me. Until recently i'd always assumed she was off American Idol - to me she seems a bit too unremarkable to have made it so big without that launchpad. Her arian beauty and country songs probably do well with all the christian fundamentalists over in the states though.

I just think she appeals to loads of people, obviously she appeals the teen/pre-teen crowd as well as country fans and pop fans in general, CROSSOVER QUEEN.

Taylor talks Kanye on The View

She's fairly articulate, which surprises me because everything about her pinched little face and body language screams RETARDED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, she actually seems like someone who's quite clever, grounded and she seems to really enjoy what she's doing. Good for her.

La Roux says her piece. Nobody cares.

What a tedious and conceited person she is. Let's see where you are in two years, because with those tepid album sales, probably not at the VMAs.

Ironic isn't it that La Roux is acting the exact way that makes Kanye a tit in the first place - spouting across opinions that no-one really cares about, as though she has some kind of overwhelming influence over the world

She thinks people should stand up and denounce shit music. OK then - La Roux, your music is shit, please stop singing. It is completely devoid of originality and the only thing that makes you stand out is your shit hair. Now shut the fuck up.

Oh come, whatever your opinions of HER, that's just ridiculous. Let's focus on the music for second...

The La Roux album is absolutely fantastic, it takes an established sound and twists and turns it into something new. Add in some really great lyrics and there's not a thing to complain about.

The only thing stands out is her hair? Please.

I think she's A CUNT and the album's not half as good as some people proclaim it is, tho I can understand the appeal of it.

Oh fuck off La Roux, we have just as many electro-pop "princesses" in the charts these days as we do anything else.

La Roux: Hatchet faced old boot.

What really pisses me off is the superiority complex. We 'shouldn't accept' Taylor Swift's music because it's 'not good enough'? Give over. We live in a world where all sorts of music get a fair chance of gaining exposure. The artists that go on to become hugely successful, such as Taylor Swift, do so for one reason only: because people like them and like their music. Who the hell is LA ROUX to tell millions of people what to listen to?

I like La Roux's album. It's solid electropop, but it's not going to change the world. What's she achieved? She's put electropop at the top of the charts, just as Taylor Swift has put country music at the top of the charts. There's no difference apart from personal tastes. Neither of them reinvented the wheel.

At least Taylor Swift has a bit of dignity and is able to conduct herself with some degree of grace and good humour, something which is completely lost on most popstars.

New single + video is "Fifteen", it's out November 23rd in the UK, it'll probably flop miserably. Do we know how much the album has sold to date?

That's pretty damn good considering the second single flopped here.

Oh and that video is LOVELY. "Fifteen" is one of my favourite songs on the album, although I do have a soft spot for "Hey Stephen".

US iTunes:

#1 Jump Then Fall
#3 Untouchable
#5 The Other Side of the Door
#6 Superstar
#7 Come in With the Rain
#11 Forever & Always (new version)

This has, like, never happened before. I don't even recall a non-single ever hitting #1 on iTunes, let alone five in the top ten by the same artist.

Last edited:
But I suppose it's to be sort of expected in the digital age with such a massively selling album being re-released with a handful of new tracks where the fans will just cherry-pick the newly released tracks out of the bunch individually.

a new version of FOREVER & ALWAYS? :o

YEP, it's just Taylor and a piano

After listening to a few of the new tracks, "Come in With the Rain" is particularly wonderful (start at :25):

Oh the piano version is quite :( but I prefer the ATTITUDE of the original.

WERE YOU JUST KIDDING? :evil:

Oh Taylor :(

http://i.STOP FUNDING HATE.co.uk/i/pix/2009/10/30/article-1224117-0704AD1F000005DC-399_468x585.jpg

Country singer Taylor Swift has been forced to defend claims she is a racist after being photographed with her arm around a man wearing a swastika on his T-shirt.

Taylor, 19, was pictured with the man at the 25th birthday party of pop star Katy Perry which took place on the weekend.

Katy had asked all her guests to dress in white for the Charlie And The Chocolate Factory-themed party at restaurant The Beach On Sunset in West Hollywood.

And it seems that one guest took their customising a little too far.

The situation was made worse by the fact Taylor was wearing the initials 'JH' - which often stands for 'Jew Hater' - on her own shirt.

However, the initials were later found to stand for friend Julianne Hough.

Miss Hough, 21, is a professional dancer on the US version of Strictly Come Dancing, and a country music singer like friend Taylor.

Last weekend the LA venue was transformed into Willy Wonka's factory, but birthday girl Katy did not tell guests they would be doused with neon paint before the night was over.

According to reports, model AJ English who was wearing the offensive T-shirt came forward to say that the mark on his shirt started out as an 'X' but was 'perverted' as the night went on.

English, 22, said it's possible the singer did not see the Nazi symbol on his chest when he pulled her in for a photo the other night.

He added that he was 'not a racist' and doesn't support the Nazi agenda.

And from micro-blogging site Twitter, he tweeted an apology to the country music star who was recently humiliated by rapper Kanye West at the MTV Video Music Awards.

English tweeted: 'Front page of TMZ.... sorry Taylor...'

The singer's spokesperson defended the star for posing with the model after the image surfaced online.

Swift's spokesperson distanced the 19-year-old from English saying that she did not even know him.

The source told TMZ: 'Taylor took pictures with about 100 people that night..

'She doesn't know who this guy is and she didn't realise what was on his shirt.'

Read more: http://www.STOP FUNDING HATE.co.uk/...fan-wearing-swastika-shirt.html#ixzz0VjqQsOLd

"Love Story" is still my guilty pleasure of the year and "White Horse" is pretty damn heartbreaking as well.

So there.

I have to admit I liked You Belong With Me. She is scary looking though. She indeed looks like an alien.

TAYLOR LOOKING HOT ALERT

taylorhair1.jpg

This shows the curly hair was the fact I found her so unpleasant

UK single sales/year end position:
27 Taylor Swift Love Story 373.9k
170 Taylor Swift You Belong With Me 93.9k
--- Taylor Swift Teardrops On My Guitar 54.7k

You Belong With Me is A LOT better than Love Story in my opinion :angry:

"Today Was a Fairytale", Taylor's song off the Valentine's Day movie soundtrack, was just released onto US iTunes today and it's already #1. :D

Not a fan at all really, the stuff on the Fearless Platinum Edition re-release was loads better.

Cute video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom