Tennis 2021

Fun fact: since the Silicon Valley classic on the 3rd August, Emma has played TWENTY ONE matches. Lost the first, retired from another and lost in the final of a challenger!

This was just one of the most astonishing things I've ever seen in my tennis watching life.

I absolutely adore both of these girls and I really really hope they both go massive from here. They are incredibly saleable for the game and wise beyond their years.

I really thought it was going to go to three sets though when the injury happened and she was break point down... amazingly, if you ignore the retirement at Wimbledon, she is 26-1 in sets at Grand Slams... :o And DEAR GOD she's so much more likeable than Konta has been as British No.1.

It just shows that these events should just be on terrestrial telly as my mum and some aunts messaged me they were watching it and they would have zero inclination of working out or using Amazon Prime directly. My mum had planned to listen on Radio5 before C4 got involved.

I imagine there would be a reasonable number of viewers on amazon prime as well, considering fans who had been following the tournament would have been used to watching on it.

We watched on prime as there were sound problems for us at the start of the 4 broadcast which for whatever reason didn't affect prime directly.

Hilarious - if she actually said it. Haven't this pop up anywhere else so far and there's no source. Hmm. :eyes:

I read an interesting anecdote today after Raducanu became a millionaire overnight. In 1967, Billie Jean King won all 3 titles at the same Wimbledon, and her prize money was a £45 gift voucher.

I read an interesting anecdote today after Raducanu became a millionaire overnight. In 1967, Billie Jean King won all 3 titles at the same Wimbledon, and her prize money was a £45 gift voucher.
The Wimbledon website lists prize money from 1968 onwards. Is it because there was no prize money (for female players only, one assumes) until then? Presumably her Fine Fare voucher was a goodwill gesture, and she should be grateful she didn't get Green Shield stamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom