Tennis 2021

AGOG at Venus referring to this as a reunion in her story.

I’m sure Novak is gutted but can’t feel sorry for someone who won 3 slams in a year.

Anyone watching Emma Raducanu play on Amazon Prime? She was cruising in the first, then lost 5 in a row and is steamrollering her way in the third.

Great to see her get a tour level win in, looked worrying after the way she lost the first set.

Yeah, just good for her to go through the normal grind of the tour these last few weeks of the season.

Everything about her career has been so abnormal - like, it's fine if you skip class but then you have to get some experience to hang around on that level long-term. :D

So how about the WTA tour finals? The tennis Gods have graced US with an all Spanish semifinal! Kontaveit was qualified at the last minute and has also gone through the group stage and plays Sakkari. The crowd in Gulajadara is on fire!

Muguruza - Padosa
Kontaveit - Sakkari

I always find it a bit odd the notion that you should be friendly with someone because they are from the same country. Garbine has always been a player who keeps her distance plus until this year she and Badosa have been operating in very different orbits.

I always find it a bit odd the notion that you should be friendly with someone because they are from the same country. Garbine has always been a player who keeps her distance plus until this year she and Badosa have been operating in very different orbits.
I agree but I’m just trying to make this one of those full-of-drama, larger-than-life matches.

They’ve definitely both got a presence on court so it could be interesting if it gets close.

god China is fucking crazy. honestly.

I hope she's just on house arrest and nothing worse.

I’m glad the WTA have now responded saying they have a hard time accepting that the email is from Peng Shuai. It won’t matter to China ultimately but glad they’re finally calling them out on their bullshit. I also hope it doesn’t result in restriction of travel for their other players.

Serena and Osaka have both spoken up now re. the Peng situation which is good to see.

Glad Muguruza won the WTA tour title. I feel her last year or two deserved another biggie, certainly had her game face on for this tournament.

Serena and Osaka have both spoken up now re. the Peng situation which is good to see.

Glad Muguruza won the WTA tour title. I feel her last year or two deserved another biggie, certainly had her game face on for this tournament.

Her game face??? She lost her first two matches!! One of the luckiest 'big tournament' wins of all time!!

Her game face??? She lost her first two matches!! One of the luckiest 'big tournament' wins of all time!!
No she didn’t, she lost her first group match to Pliskova on a final set tiebreak and won all her other matches. You could tell after that she was there to win.

No she didn’t, she lost her first group match to Pliskova on a final set tiebreak and won all her other matches. You could tell after that she was there to win.

Apologies I had it in my head she’d lost the first two.

Oh I really liked JK. She’s a good example of someone who maximised what they had. She always seemed quite highly-strung, which I heavily favour in women’s tennis. Loved her banging on about trusting the process all the time :disco:

Oh I really liked JK. She’s a good example of someone who maximised what they had. She always seemed quite highly-strung, which I heavily favour in women’s tennis. Loved her banging on about trusting the process all the time :disco:

I wasn't a fan, but you're absolutely right - massively highly strung. And that was probably the best thing about her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom