Tennis 2022

Nadal hobbles through the French on one foot, plays with a blocked rib in Wimbledon and he's still 2/3 of the way to a Calendar Year Grand Slam.

Men's tennis is a mess, I'm sorry.

I kinda want Kyrgios to make the final then lose in 90 minutes with a few Serena-US Open Finals Meltdowns. TBH that final 4 on the men's is the perfect one for the tournament... the two big stars; the crowd divider and the British hopeful. Couldn't write it...

Whereas... as usual the women's is full of people no lay person has ever heard of. Jabeur-Halep is the only acceptable final there.

I kinda want Kyrgios to make the final then lose in 90 minutes with a few Serena-US Open Finals Meltdowns.
I would PAY to watch that :disco:

He‘s SUCH A CUNT!

This year has been forgettable for me. And a mixed doubles final on a THURSDAY?! Wtf.

Maybe I'm getting old but there have been too many changes.

This year has been forgettable for me. And a mixed doubles final on a THURSDAY?! Wtf.

Maybe I'm getting old but there have been too many changes.
I did enjoy the extra Sunday at the time, but I think it has detracted from the second week matches.

The lack of rest day has effectively fucked the tournament. Particularly since the weather has been better than expected. Everything about this year feels anti climactic. The final set tie breaks have also contributed to that.

Also the men's and women's quarter finals spread over two days have NOT worked. The top half of the draw have an even bigger advantage than they already had.

Apart from Ons being SO NICE and Venus catwalking her way onto Centre For the centenary, one of the few ACTUAL HIGHLIGHTS of this year has been a very handsome, super chunky linesman in a flatcap with a cuddly belly and a nice beard.

Also, RIP Sue Barker’s ‘kindly childless aunt’ on court interviews: just the right side of vaguely amateurish to make them intimate moments.

I grew tired of Barker over the years but this year the BBC coverage has been absolute pants. Wozniacki and Konta are TERRIBLE additions as commentators for the women's game and seemingly Andrew Castle will NEVER go away. There's also the reliance on another irritant - I forget his name.

Also Isa Guha is great for the cricket but like that sport she is too laidback for the tennis. I wouldn't mind a bit more Balding.

I grew tired of Barker over the years but this year the BBC coverage has been absolute pants. Wozniacki and Konta are TERRIBLE additions as commentators for the women's game and seemingly Andrew Castle will NEVER go away. There's also the reliance on another irritant - I forget his name.
Todd Woodbridge?

Kim Cljisters hasn't had much airtime either, and when she has she hasn't said much of interest.

Norrie's tennis is among the least aesthetically pleasing around. To my eyes anyways.

#Wimbledon2022EndsOnSaturday

Not sure who will win the final, Novak has to bring his A-game because Nick is well rested, but nerves might get the better of him.

The lack of rest day has effectively fucked the tournament. Particularly since the weather has been better than expected. Everything about this year feels anti climactic. The final set tie breaks have also contributed to that.

The rest day is terrible for fans though. Most people can't watch tennis all day when they're at work, so really are limited to 3 days where they can really watch - making it 4 is an improvement.

The rest day is terrible for fans though. Most people can't watch tennis all day when they're at work, so really are limited to 3 days where they can really watch - making it 4 is an improvement.
It has been done to add to the coffers of the AELTC. Let's not pretend there is any other reason. :D Granted there might be an extra day of televised footage but it has ruined the flow of the tournament. It's what made Wimbledon different from the rest of the Grand Slams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom