Tennis 2022

There is nothing inherently unfair about this decision. The real issue is that he should never have been granted a visa in the first place.

Tennis Australia and the organisers of the AO have a lot to answer for.

Why does Kyrgios backing the wrong horse not surprise me?

Granted that the entire situation was far messier than it should have been and Novak is well within his rights NOT to get vaccinated BUT in order to take part in tournaments in nations where severe restrictions are in place, there should be some consequences to bear for that decision. He is no more important than anyone else trying to get in to the country.

Also I really think they should scrutinise the circumstances under which he was granted a visa in the first place. If his team are guilty of deception, it shows his/their blatant disregard not only for Covid protocols but also the sensitivities of those personally affected by this virus.

Hope Chrissie will be fine. :(

Hot geek Daniil sassing the (nasty) crowd after his match vs. Kyrgios, what a king. :disco:

Daniil was remarkably composed with the awful crowd hostility. Nick needs to work with a sports psychologist, a mental health worker, a top physiotherapist and well, to play more tennis, because he talks a good game but rarely delivers. Except in Australia, the rest of the year he isn't interested.

"Apologies for us (the Australian fans)".
"I just wanna play with them a little bit :side-eye:."

He just GETS it. What a troll. What a king. :D

I can't recall the last time a women's slam had this mañy seeds left in round four... gotta be waaaay back!

Danielle Collins is hated by so many people but I LOVE watching her especially when she gets all feisty and pumped up. Definitely a Marmite player. I think she's a great character.

Waaaaay back ... as in every single Slam in 2021? :confused:

Yep, fair enough. For some reason memory suggested less seeds surviving this long in the past couple of years, but you are right. Memory probably clouded by the lower ranked players generally surviving past round four.

Yep, fair enough. For some reason memory suggested less seeds surviving this long in the past couple of years, but you are right. Memory probably clouded by the lower ranked players generally surviving past round four.

I think it's easy to feel like that because there has been something of a changing of the guard recently, so a lot of the seeds are 'new'. And of course the final of US Open was one of the lowest (if not the very lowest?) ranked final in history and people remember that.

I think it's easy to feel like that because there has been something of a changing of the guard recently, so a lot of the seeds are 'new'. And of course the final of US Open was one of the lowest (if not the very lowest?) ranked final in history and people remember that.
Oh for sure at the US. I reckon the 2021 French open final must also be up there on that list (if not second!). Wimbledon has probably been the only slam since 2019 where many might have correctly predicted BOTH of the finalists actually getting there. There's been at least one surprise finalist at most slams, but it has certainly made it interesting to watch.

Yeah, people aren't used to e.g. Sabalenka being a Top 4 seed. And who knows how long it's going to stay that way if she continues with the yips.

Long may this continue... The fact he no doubt believes he deserves one, makes it even more delicious to watch him to continue to fall short.

Oh yes, he's always believed he's king shit. Has never been a pleasant person to work even when he was still a runt of a teenager / 20-year-old.

Yeah, people aren't used to e.g. Sabalenka being a Top 4 seed. And who knows how long it's going to stay that way if she continues with the yips.
I’m always surprised by the Woman’s seeds at the Australian Open. I don’t pay all that much attention to tennis between the slams so I’m very confused when I see someone like Kontaveit seeded sixth. It’s actually quite delightful that there’s so much parity.

Kontaveit's rise in the last 4 months of 2021 was astonishing to be honest.

I think it's also worth remembering that we are/were in the middle of a very weird ranking phase that was tough to decipher - not saying put an asterisk behind every ranking (because it's going to be more representative again at some point in 2022) but a grain of salt is definitely recommended.

And on the seventh day, the Lord gave us a Collins-Cornet Grand Slam Quarterfinal :disco:

And especially MESSY in the third set. But kinda makes sense, Sabalenka is wobbly right now and Kanepi has a long history of wobbles when she has a lead. 🙃

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom