The Amazing Race

Alla

Sábado noche 19 80
I don't even know if it's worth a thread, not sure anyone else here watchs it but I don't know where to post this :eyes:

The Amazing Race is back, the first episode of the 33rd season just aired. They taped 2 or 3 episodes and had to stop because of covid, but they recently managed to finish it, I'm curious how. I bet they couldn't travel to Asia as usual.

The first leg is in London and you're so gonna love this, a bunch of clueless Americans stranded in the capital, not knowing who Boris Johnson is or asking a cab driver if he knows where the Picadilly tube station is. Well I bet he does :D

-Do you know who Boris Johnson is?
-Cab driver: He's the PM
-Do you know how he looks like?
-Cab driver: He's blond... and fat

:D

There are a few more highlights (including the Queen having dinner in cheap place in Soho :eyes:) but not sure if anyone is gonna bother with this, you'd like it

OMG the flags drama, where they have to decorate a cake with an European Union flag. You can imagine which country some chose :eyes::D Then the race continues in Glasgow and it seems they stop there at the beginning of the pandemic.

• Wow
Reactions: COB
I might have to watch this if they go to Glasgow, I'm always interested in how it gets depicted on TV in other countries :D

The whole concept of the amazing race seems a little tasteless during a global pandemic :D

The whole concept of the amazing race seems a little tasteless during a global pandemic :D
I think they tapped 3 episodes in February 2020 and then resumed production last October. :D

I read somewhere two teams had to drop out cause they tested positive for COVID. :o

On a side note, will be interesting if any of the dating couples have broken up in between when the first half was filmed. :D

The remaining legs are all taking place in Europe (Switzerland, France (including Corsica), Greece & Portugal confirmed so far)

The remaining legs are all taking place in Europe (Switzerland, France (including Corsica), Greece & Portugal confirmed so far)
Good. At least its not Americans going into countries that don't have wide access to vaccines for a reality show

The twin sisters are such a disastrous mess and twice already close to getting the boot (saved by one team screwing up worse in the first leg, the second leg being non-elimination). :D I have no choice but to stan these terrible QoLs. :disco:

The preview for next episode shows them definitely in Glasgow, not sure how into the episode they stop the race, the images suggest it's at the end. I'll make sure I watch it as soon as available before @Haiku spoils everything :D

Last edited:
The twin sisters are such a disastrous mess and twice already close to getting the boot (saved by one team screwing up worse in the first leg, the second leg being non-elimination). :D I have no choice but to stan these terrible QoLs. :disco:
You can tell they are latinas because of the level and intensity of the drama. :disco: Queens!

Thanks love :love:

For those interested, the link for episode 1 that Rula posted includes episode 2 too, they're both in London and aired together.

Well this Glasgow leg was interesting, you get all the clichés you would expect: bagpipes, kilts and crap weather :D

• Love
Reactions: COB
The Amazing Race is back, the first episode of the 33rd season just aired. They taped 2 or 3 episodes and had to stop because of covid, but they recently managed to finish it, I'm curious how. I bet they couldn't travel to Asia as usual.
[/SPOILER]
I had read last year that production had chartered their own plane to complete the show. Considering that the teams pretty much get booked onto flights together for most of the show these days anyhow (which i hate because that was half the fun in the early seasons where teams could fly any route they wanted!) that makes sense.

I had read last year that production had chartered their own plane to complete the show. Considering that the teams pretty much get booked onto flights together for most of the show these days anyhow (which i hate because that was half the fun in the early seasons where teams could fly any route they wanted!) that makes sense.
Absolutely, I miss all the flights drama, I don't know why they stopped doing that (before the pandemic). Sometimes was just too much, like that season with one of the members of New Kids on The Block and his boyfriend [spoiller of that season] where they had to take a plane much later and there was no way they could catch up and got eliminated, that was so unfair.

I have been really enjoying this season despite the mess that the pandemic caused. A good cast (the 50% minorities rule has really helped CBS reality shows recently), some fun moments. No classics but I've missed the show.

I know they overdid the boys being at the back this episode so I didn't THINK they were getting eliminated but I hate Dusty's mat reaction. Just fuck off Alpha Males.

I am pleased Sherry and Akhbar went out on a week where Akhbar did the roadblock so he couldn't just blame her. He is just far too heavy for the race tbh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom