The American Song Contest 2022

Madame Mis-Teeq, tell us our future

• This will be a huge success and eventually replace the current presidential election system

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Georgia's song from the most recent heat (Heat 4) apparently is doing fairly decently (by this contet's standards anyway :greta: ) in streaming on Spotify! :disco:

For context, the only songs that have been streamed more than it are 4 songs from Heat 1 and 1 song from Heat 2. :D

I might actually watch this TOMORROW instead (or set up a deal where I watch this when @RJN watches the second semi songs)

Do we know how the redemption round works? (Is it even a round?) With the ratio of men to women who have qualified at this stage I think they’ll have to advance some women to the semi finals! New York better be in with a shot.

Do we know how the redemption round works? (Is it even a round?) With the ratio of men to women who have qualified at this stage I think they’ll have to advance some women to the semi finals! New York better be in with a shot.
Supposedly, it's based on the songs "hit potential" based on those that were eliminated in heats. :D

I would chalk that up to whoever did the best in terms of results of the public voting (from those who didn't qualify) and/or streaming of songs.

Supposedly, it's based on the songs "hit potential" based on those that were eliminated in heats. :D

I would chalk that up to whoever did the best in terms of results of the public voting (from those who didn't qualify) and/or streaming of songs.
Intersting.I imagine Jewel did really well on the public vote after being tanked by the jury so hopefully she is in with a shot. Though it all feels a bit fruitless if the same juries will tank her in the semi's again right?

Intersting.I imagine Jewel did really well on the public vote after being tanked by the jury so hopefully she is in with a shot. Though it all feels a bit fruitless if the same juries will tank her in the semi's again right?

I highly suspect she did well enough with the public, quite possibly even came 2nd in their vote given that she was 5th in the combined ranking overall.

If she does get a wildcard and pull the same result, she could sneak through into the Final this time. Her song hasn't done much on streaming but then again, neither has anyone except Georgia and Oklahoma.

I'd say New York has a chance too, we just don't know the combined jury/televoting results of Heat 2 but that's another one were I think the juries sunk it.

I might actually watch this TOMORROW instead (or set up a deal where I watch this when @RJN watches the second semi songs)
I’m COMMITTING to listening to those songs this weekend, for your mental health and because I want to

Jewel’s song and performance was a revelation - truly the Carola - Evighet of this contest. Her low jury vote may be because she has a bad reputation amongst industry professionals for being a bit of a piece of work. I loved it when her jury vote came in and she mouthed to her child “see I told you”

Well I’m pleased because I genuinely thought it sounded like a song that could be on the radio.

However .. ANOTHER male!?

Also .. why have they decided one of the wildcards when there’s only been 4 rounds so far!? It’s literally make it up as you go with this show right!? 😂

Fairly certain AlexA will come 1st or 2nd in the Public vote in her semi-final. Her fanbase seems to at least be consistently behind and supporting her with streaming/TikTok.
Now let's watch the jury sink her next week and missing the Final for not being a another male singing a ballad or country song. :kim:

This seems to have won the Televoting for Heat 4, and despite coming 8th in the jury vote was enough to qualify:

Who knew that the American public had a thing for Swedish/Danish National Final fodder :disco:

• Love
Reactions: Hak
Other songs of note from Heat 5 of note for casuals:

American Samoa paying ode to Jessica Mauboy at ESC realness, but with ACTUAL COMPETENT VOX 😍

California giving A GIRL BAND MOMENT which was well performed. The fact it was 95% pre-recorded backings vocals on certainly helped :eyes: :disco:

Maryland and SISQO performing a mismatch of verses/chorus of two different dance tracks straight out of 2015 music trends. It kind of worked though. (jury disagreed cause they put it 9th :D )

Illinois serving a half-decent, dare I say surprisingly good, OneRepublic-styled pop song.

Reactions: Hak
Unsurprisingly, Eurovision (and well a whole lot of other competition shows :D ) has fully overshadowed this but the Final of this is on Monday (Tuesday morning UK time :( / :D ):

1FBCbbQ.png

I was going to maybe watch this live, if anyone wants to sync watch... I could also watch it the next day

I really like the American Samoan entry, sad to lose Kansas. As far as I can tell, they still haven't been very clear about how the final results are presented - I'm assuming Oklahoma should win the televote given the numbers (unless they're heavily driven by Korea?), but the jury will clearly go for Washington.

I really like the American Samoan entry, sad to lose Kansas. As far as I can tell, they still haven't been very clear about how the final results are presented - I'm assuming Oklahoma should win the televote given the numbers (unless they're heavily driven by Korea?), but the jury will clearly go for Washington.
50/50 Televoting and Jury. The initial report was it was going to be ESC style voting for each state/territory. No idea if it's the same for the jury individually by states or if that will be one collective vote though.

50/50 Televoting and Jury. The initial report was it was going to be ESC style voting for each state/territory. No idea if it's the same for the jury individually by states or if that will be one collective vote though.
Given how long it takes to even get through 11 songs each week with the sheer number of ad breaks/other filler, I can't imagine they'll manage to call around 56 different states/territories - I guess it'll be something more blocked.

Given how long it takes to even get through 11 songs each week with the sheer number of ad breaks/other filler, I can't imagine they'll manage to call around 56 different states/territories - I guess it'll be something more blocked.
that makes sense. From some timings I've read online, seems that the show is 30 minutes longer next week so I'm assuming they only have that long to fit all the results in if that's the case. :D

I've now read that (if I'm understanding it correctly) that only viewers on the east coast will be able to vote live - the vote will have closed by the time it goes out further west - but in theory those viewers can vote in advance of the show starting Friday. I can't imagine how they'll manage to have enough votes to create ESC-style points (if indeed that is the plan?) for many of those states/territories!

I've now read that (if I'm understanding it correctly) that only viewers on the east coast will be able to vote live - the vote will have closed by the time it goes out further west - but in theory those viewers can vote in advance of the show starting Friday. I can't imagine how they'll manage to have enough votes to create ESC-style points (if indeed that is the plan?) for many of those states/territories!
Yes, I've read up more and seems voting is open on Sunday morning and people can vote until about 20/30 minutes before the end of the show on the East Coast airing.

Not the coastal elite screwing over real Americans once again

maybe by 50/50 it's just adding the jury ranking with the televoting ranking and revealing the placings in reverse order? I don't think in 20 minutes they can do full on ESC voting read and scoreboards. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom