The Anna Bergendahl Trilogy

The best one is

• Total voters
Kingdom Come for me. It's the most rousing and arousing of the three and I love the staging + choreography.

Higher Power is a distant third.

Obviously I've written paragraphs many times before about how incredible I think Ashes To Ashes is and how inspiring and touching I find it which all still stand, so THAT, but they're all superb.

Higher Power goes in second over Kingdom Come for me - it's always grated me that nothing new happens in the final chorus of Kingdom Come, when it really needs to step up a final level.

Higher Power does sound the most fully realised as a song of the three, but as a Melfest entry it feels a bit like she’s pushing her luck.

Kingdom Come edges it just as the moment she properly arrived and completed her redemption arc.

Ashes to Ashes quite comfortably. It is just lovely and suits her voice best.

I'd been planning on posting this poll too so thanks @dUb.

The Kingdom Come performance with the magic dancers is iconic, but in terms of the song it has to be Ashes to Ashes for me.

Ashes to Ashes is the best Melodifestivalen song of the decade and, in certain ways, too good for a competition of this sort (perhaps why it didn’t set the final alight). It’s composition is close to perfection - particularly the main hook of the chorus. Anna could not have had a more appropriate return / redemption.

I suspect Higher Power will end up just behind, as very much the spiritual successor to Ashes to Ashes. It tells a similar story and has the same ever building melody.

Kingdom Come is a very different and a far more obvious attempt to win - it’s a very good Melodifestivalen entry that could have suited a number of artists. An excellent song, and I play it constantly, but it lacks the ability to break my heart in the way Ashes to Ashes does.

All three will age beautifully.

Last edited:
Ashes to Ashes of these three, but the option I really want to vote for isn't there.

Ashes to Ashes is defiantly applying for a job beyond your pay scale, Kingdom Come is getting that job and Higher Power is the attitude you need to bring to your gross misconduct hearing a few months later

Are there more songs (other than Thelma and Louise) that are of a similar Anna vein that I can get my mitts on?

1. Kingdom Come
2. Ashes To Ashes
3. Higher Power

I was expecting her to decimate the competition this time :(

Reactions: Hak
Are there more songs (other than Thelma and Louise) that are of a similar Anna vein that I can get my mitts on?
Thelma and Louise is probably the best one, but Grain of Trust and Home are pretty good too. She's also done a couple of lovely Christmas songs in the last two years.

I LOVE Home :disco:

Kingdom Come is my favourite of the MF Trilogy. It explodes right out of the gate, builds into a yellalong chorus and resets perfectly after each verse/chorus. The MF performance was perfect too. I'd loved for it to have won.

Kingdom Come was her time to win again, and probably her best shot at a SECOND CHANCE of Eurovision success, although Ashes To Ashes would be very close in those stakes also.

I can't get into Higher Power AT ALL, as much as I really want to love it (and TRUST ME I DO), I just don't think it's a very good song at its core :(

Dr Anna MUST be applauded though. What a comeback.
From exile as Sweden's most HATED woman, to a SCORCHED EARTH revenge trilogy, each with a totally memorable, fully-concepted performance complete with stage outfits that verge on actual FASHION as opposed to stage costumes.
It's actually been incredible to witness, and somewhat Euroloon-fanfic that has somehow, SOMEHOW actually come to life?

Do we think she knew it's possibly the last time she will EVER perform on such a big stage during this performance? :(

NEVER SAYING NEVER of course, but doubt she'll be back for MF in the next few years

Kingdom Come is prob still my fave despite the best efforts of Spotify to make me hate it by putting it first on the “radio” for almost every playlist I make.

Do we think she knew it's possibly the last time she will EVER perform on such a big stage during this performance? :(

NEVER SAYING NEVER of course, but doubt she'll be back for MF in the next few years

I hope it isn't the last we see of her, like I said above, she has a strong record from a qualification perspective (she's not exactly in Bengtzing or Clamp territory). Expect she will take a break though - maybe she can host!

Popping in to say Higher Power has quietly ended up having probably the strongest afterlife of any of this year's Melfest entries for me in the end. Long live Anna and all who sail in her! (yes that's ME AND @Kratz THE REST OF YOU MUST SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE :disco:)

Popping in to say Higher Power has quietly ended up having probably the strongest afterlife of any of this year's Melfest entries for me in the end. Long live Anna and all who sail in her! (yes that's ME AND @Kratz THE REST OF YOU MUST SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE :disco:)
YES! It is comfortably going to be in my top 5 most played songs of the year. There’s something so gorgeous about the way that chorus builds.

I hope that it will find its place as part of the TRINITY. That last place was not deserved - those juries really did her like a kipper.

Horsepower is not a satisfactory zenith to the ascensions of Ashes and Kingdom.

Last edited:
Still Kingdom Come even though Spotify Radio was shoving it down my fucking throat for a while.

Higher Power probably second. Ended up being my fifth most played Mello song of last year which is a FEAT considering Hold Me Closer, I Can’t Get Enough and Run To The Hills were all in my top five most played of anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom