Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

COB

The ⭐ 👹
We have a teaser trailer:

Directed by Matt Reeves, of Cloverfield and most recent two Planet of the Apes films fame. Starring Robert Pattinson, Paul Dano, Zoë Kravitz, Colin Farrell, Andy Serkis and more. Out next October apparently :o

I actually really like the look of this! They're clearly going for dark and gritty again but it's giving me more GOTH than the Nolan films did. We're also apparently going to see more of Batman as a detective in this film, which is my favourite aspect of the comics that rarely gets much attention in the film adaptations.

This is also apparently completely separate from the rest of the DC film universe, and I hope it stays that way. By the time it comes out it'll have been nine years since the last proper live-action Batman movie, which is weird when you consider we had a Batman during the intervening years who didn't actually get a solo film.

I want to like this, but my god it’s just a black blur. I loved one of his Planet of the Apes and hated the other so it’ll be a toss up but I so want to enjoy a Batman movie.

I think it looks PRETTY INTERESTING. Reeves as a director can actually handle STORY within the blockbuster format so I think this has the potential to be quite good indeed. Very much here for R-Patz looking like a Fallout Boy fan who's spent time in the Gotham Juvenile Detention Centre to be honest :disco:

I love the eye make-up mainly because it solves one of the weirdest stupid little problems I've always had with Batman films since 1989 - in all of them his mask has huge eyeholes and he has loads of black make-up on his eyes, then he'll get the mask pulled off for whatever reason and it's gone :eyes: I know it's the only way you can really make the mask look good in live action, but I've never been able to fully suspend my disbelief there for some reason :D (Obviously a man dressing up like a bat and punching a clown doesn't raise an eyebrow for me...)

Who is the villain?

The Catwoman looks shit (if that’s who she’s supposed to be)

Yeah just give them costumes, I don’t need Superheroes in boot cut jeans.

I think Ferrell is playing the penguin and Paul Dano the Riddler.

and Zoe Kravitz is Catwoman, no? A lot of the film hasn't been filmed yet, I'm sure there will be proper costumes etc.

Catwoman is an ally generally these days.

2021 isn't going to be much fun either, is it... we're all going to die, why not go out with a blockbuster bang?

I think it was October 2021 and got pushed because of Dune so not that big of a push.
That's true. Plus the production got shut down this month due to Patz getting the Corona so they're probably glad of some extra time.

I hope she gets to recreate this iconic cover

catwoman-pregnant-batman-tom-king-1207643-1280x0.jpeg

i heard something about a reboot, but never really cared but i've decided i quite like pattinson so i'm here for a good showing. it doesn't look too convincing to me at first sight, but it will be nice if they've pulled off a less butch batman.

Well this looks like quite the thing:

That new theme music is instantly one of my favourites :disco:

omfg. that is a trailer. looks absolutely GORGE. definitely the most excited I've been for a superhero movie in quite a few years.

Reactions: COB
Lovely stuff. But if these films get any darker, they're going to have to hire Lars von Trier.

I think the next reboot is going to be a return to the 60s TV show :D

That looks good but I don't approve of the way Alfred is getting younger everytime someone new plays him. If this carries on, the next actor to take the role will be Simon from Coronation Street.

That looks good but I don't approve of the way Alfred is getting younger everytime someone new plays him. If this carries on, the next actor to take the role will be Simon from Coronation Street.

“Master Wern, shall ah get the bat-mor-bee-al for yeh or yeh still finishin your ‘Otpot?”

Rumour/major casting spoiler

Apparently the Joker will be introduced in this film played by Barry Keoghan, which I think is a great choice especially with THAT FACE

image.jpg

can we HAVE A FUCKING BREAK from that character through S'IL VOUS PLAIT. enough.

I also hate that actor.

yeah I bet he did, wearing his same one expression as when he plays psychotic / heroic / dead inside.

this looks absolutely incredible on every level. I'm WET.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom