The Billie Ray Martin and Electribe 101 Chat Oasis

Been listening to Electribal Soul all afternoon, such a gorgeous album .. even if I have listened to most of the songs in various other forms a million times they all sound new.. and also perfectly coherent. The alternative version of Deadline leaves me a sobbing wreck every single time I listen to it

I think Persuasion sits a little strangely at the end of the album in terms of tone and melody (well, such as the latter was in the original :disco:) in contrast to the rest of the album. But I’m observing, not complaining

I think Persuasion sits a little strangely at the end of the album in terms of tone and melody (well, such as the latter was in the original :disco:) in contrast to the rest of the album. But I’m observing, not complaining
I never knew it was recorded by Electribe101 originally, but must have listened to the Spooky version a million times .. for me it fits as it feels like where they were heading next .. something darker and brooding .. It’s so sad that their story was cut short , they had such incredible potential. I love everything Billie has recorded but she was never better than with Electribe101. it was just perfection

Even though there isn’t much in the way of difference, the new (old) version of ‘Space Oasis’ really pops for me at the moment.

I’m also sure that my dodgy release of this album back in the day may have had more tracks? Must check later!

Even though there isn’t much in the way of difference, the new (old) version of ‘Space Oasis’ really pops for me at the moment.

I’m also sure that my dodgy release of this album back in the day may have had more tracks? Must check later!

Knew it was missing something - '(I spent hours again) Wishing you well' was also on there.

Agog that a Facebook memory from 11 years ago shows me conversing with known homosexual and moopy legend @Sheena chatting about the upcoming Birmingham BRM gig.

Ever they come by the hundreds
Out of the safety they crawl
To stumble the streets of a hungry beast that is never full

:disco::disco::disco:

I don't think I've properly watched that video before and I AM very much enjoying the chair-based PLEASE SWEET JESUS NOT THIS AGAIN I'VE BEEN DILIGENTLY TAKING THE HALDOL business :disco:

Also the LOOK IN GENERAL :disco:

WHEN WILL YOUR FAVES. I tell you when: ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NEVER!

Ever they come by the hundreds
Out of the safety they crawl
To stumble the streets of a hungry beast that is never full

:disco::disco::disco:

This is the best thing she’s done since the Deadline album ( not counting the 2nd Electribe101 album) .. it’s Billie at her BEST. .. and watching the video knowing she allegedly grew up in the red light District of St. Pauli makes this even more devastating

Any reason is good to bump this thread but I honestly had no idea this even existed, one of my absolute fave Billie Heartbreak Operas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom