The By-elections Thread - 2019-2024 edition

Not sure we need another general election. Give it 6 months and there'll enough by-elections for the tories to lose their majority.

IMG_5439.jpeg

Come on, jack it in, Sunak. You know where this is going, we know where this is going, just throw in the towel while there's still a big paycheck waiting for you in the US.

Oh LOL. Galloway is one of those people who are SO AWFUL that I can't help almost liking them

I don't why he doesn't just call his various parties the George Galloway is Amazing Party.

I'll be the cat, back in Parliament. Well it will add another dimension to an already APPALLING House of Commons.

Galloway is the absolute worst. Not one of his vanity parties has done a thing for whichever constituency he has parachuted into, it's just about having him in Parliament because he believes he has some right to be there. That level of self-interest has proved contagious and we now have an unelected PM who is running the country for the benefit of his wife's business and his old chums in disaster capitalism. Vile. Utterly vile.

On the somewhat positive side, Labour badly needed a serious wake up call over the way they’ve treated their Muslim voter base this past six months. Hopefully this spooks them enough to at least somewhat move the needle.

Given how short his time as MP should be, I actually think this will be a net positive, if Labour panic in the correct direction to the same level they panicked in the wrong direction over Uxbridge

I feel like Labour already had their wake up call - which is why they ran a candidate who ended up blurting out that the Hamas attacks were a false flag :manson: Maybe the lesson is not to OVERCORRECT.

Labour won't move a muscle because of this. The backlash over Gaza is cross-party, the only difference is that Tory voters will excuse a genocide for a tax cut and Labour supporters won't. A remotely competent Conservative Party would have made this a worry but such as it is, Stamer will feel little or no need to shift beyond what he felt yesterday. Galloway will be out on his arse in the next election which has to be held within the next 10 months. He'll bloviate with his customary pomposity and the press will love it because he'll be largely aiming at Labour. Then he'll be gone again, waiting for the next by-election and founding yet another party to try and salve his inflamed ego.

Can they fall much further in local elections?

Mind you, they still have 14 out of 70 seats on our council. I'd love to see them obliterated.

Can they fall much further in local elections?

Mind you, they still have 14 out of 70 seats on our council. I'd love to see them obliterated.
These are based (I think) on ones that were Boris' first and weren't that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom