The Coronation

“Buckingham Palace is pleased to announce that the Coronation of His Majesty The King will take place on Saturday 6th May, 2023.

“The Coronation Ceremony will take place at Westminster Abbey, London, and will be conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury.

“The Ceremony will see His Majesty King Charles III crowned alongside The Queen Consort.

“The Coronation will reflect the monarch’s role today and look towards the future, while being rooted in longstanding traditions and pageantry.

“Further details will be announced in due course.”

Glad to see it's not fucking with Mighty Hoopla, and potentially means an extra bank holiday around Eurovision I won't have to book off. :disco:

Beyond that, meh.

Apparently they're TRIMMING THE FAT due to the cost of living crisis etc etc, but I'm not sure how RELATABLE you can make a crowning ceremony in which a bazillionaire is anointed by God.

Monday is one of my usual working days so I'll probably get shafted and get nothing extra :evil:

I would have thought they’d move one of the other BHs in May and just have 2 days in a row like they did this year for the Jubilee.

I would have thought they’d move one of the other BHs in May and just have 2 days in a row like they did this year for the Jubilee.
Maybe it’s too short notice to cancel an existing Bank Holiday. We had about 18 months warning for the Jubilee change. (Or arguably 70 years notice).

Last edited:
Although I must say ABOLISH THE LOT OF THEM after the bank holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom