Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

straightorbroken

rebel heart
By the time I saw Siouxsie pictured in what I remember as a blood red PVC dress in the pages of Q magazine to accompany a 3 star review of this album (pfff), I had already heard her Banshees and was well acquainted with Twice Upon a Time as one of the best compilation albums of all time and all the other treasures that lurked in the shadows waiting to pounce on you.

Now with an exciting lava flow of singles behind her, a new beginning. If I was me and not she, and she was she, just what would I (me) think of Anima Animus? Well :D I don't have time to write my write up today, but the album was released 23 years ago 2 days ago and it's well overdue a redux.

I've chosen "out of sync - out of phase!" as the highlighted lyric - quickly done so, but I think she and Budgie really revelled at their sidelined status whilst simultaneously snarling at it, and the absolute calamity of the track it is hissed out of remains an incomparable onslaught of fury, glamour and awakening. The standout is a ballad (something that has became one of her strengths), but other than that I can't say..

This is the year of the Sioux. I don't actually think I'm ready for it :disco:

I think I'll go through them all or join hands with anyone else starting other album threads to out down my scores and lose all consciousness trying to post write ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom