The Fizz (aka Bucks Fizz)- Smoke and Mirrors (New Album)

This is even worse. Even if you disregard Mike Read. I can't think why they may have chosen him :side-eye:.

I really am struggling with how right they got it with F-Z, to this nonsense.

That is surely the devil's work.

Maybe fake Bobby was the talent/taste after all.

I was wondering this morning whether to get the album or not, given Jay's BELIEFS, but fuck me, this is making it easy.

Also, they never counted down NUMBER TWENTY TO NUMBER TEN on TOTP you massive PRICKS

I was wondering this morning whether to get the album or not, given Jay's BELIEFS, but fuck me, this is making it easy.

I'll stream it for sure to check it out, but as things stand I have no intention of buying it. I'm still not massively fond of The World We Left Behind, but as an album track it would be fine. But Winning Ways is poor, and this is offensively bad.

Sorry but I am not throwing an act who has given us Amen and The World We Left Behind to the wayside just because their album tracks aren’t as good as their lead singles. I’d say Amen is one of the best pop songs of the past few years, certainly up there.

I deleted all their shit from my iTunes including ‘Amen’ which I did quite like and obviously there are others which I really liked. Not listening to anything produced by people like THAT and just imagine the fun banter with lovely Mike Stock in the studio about grabby immigrants and how great Boris is and what not

Just NO

Sorry but I am not throwing an act who has given us Amen and The World We Left Behind to the wayside just because their album tracks aren’t as good as their lead singles. I’d say Amen is one of the best pop songs of the past few years, certainly up there.
Amen was better than the lead single. This time around I'd say all three tracks heard so far are differing shades of disappointing.

I deleted all their shit from my iTunes including ‘Amen’ which I did quite like and obviously there are others which I really liked. Not listening to anything produced by people like THAT and just imagine the fun banter with lovely Mike Stock in the studio about grabby immigrants and how great Boris is and what not

Just NO

I did blacklist list them for a while. Now I'm rallying against cancel culture and my approach to them will be far more like Jill Tyrell's statement about Peter Sutcliffe.

Thankfully the fact they are turning out turds now removes any moral dilemma, anyway.

Reactions: Zu
I know what you mean about cancel culture but I was so horrified by Adolf Aston’s political leanings that I just can’t find it in my heart to forgive :(

I really do think that a lot of pop stars of that generation think very similarly. She was just stupid enough to go public. Well, and run for office.

I think the most disappointing thing is that we all assumed CRUDGE was that way inclined anyway, but had higher hopes for Hilda.

I’ve said it before but thinking that Brunhilda has any savoir-faire whatsoever is a strangely easy mistake to make. I blame THIS :disco:

Jay stood as a candidate for the BREXIT PARTY in Kensington. Also, have a look at Mike Stock’s Twitter. URG

Well my opinion on THAT is that if I stopped listening to acts who I didn’t agree with politically I’d have a very sparse playlist. They can sing the songs and I’ll interpret MY WAY, thanks a lot!

Oh I know - I mean personally I don’t mind that Modern Talking were in the Hitler Youth given their endless stream of sultry classics :disco: - but I think there are limits. Anyway let’s not scrap because ‘Rona’s on her merry way and we might have only a week to live :(

Jay stood as a candidate for the BREXIT PARTY in Kensington. Also, have a look at Mike Stock’s Twitter. URG
I just looked. Couldn't find racism because he tweets and retweets ALL DAY LONG.

He also interacts with Justin Lee Collins.

I can't cancel Mike Stock's music because I may as well just lay down and DIE.

Yeah admittedly I can’t either. I just couldn’t. No SAW ever again? :shock:

All round to mine for a Sadly Nazi Disco (featuring Sonia). Swastika bra and knickers get you free crisps and a can of Shandy Bass :disco:

Album out today (currently #3 on iTunes), and it's pretty weak. I'd say Winning Ways is more typical of the album than The World We Left Behind.

It's heavily mid tempo, but I'd say it's the production which lets it down the most. On F-Z it's a lot more punchy - here it's very 70s/80s cabaret and insipid for the most part.

I'd say All We Ever Can Do, Second To None and Storm are the best of the bunch. But there isn't an Amen to be found here.

The song that was on my release radar was very weak so I feel quite happy that I don't need to worry about investigating further.

The song that was on my release radar was very weak so I feel quite happy that I don't need to worry about investigating further.

Boomerang is the one on my release radar. That one is down there with TOTP. Unfortunately I can't say most are significantly better.

Boomerang is the one on my release radar. That one is down there with TOTP. Unfortunately I can't say most are significantly better.

I just checked and I had More Than These Words. Completely agree about the production of the new songs, it seems very weak; naff and not in a fun way.

Fans aren't happy. It was higher in the mids than the last album, but ended up lower. I imagine that's solely because it was available on more formats immediately and therefore had more LOON purchases front loading the week.

I see it was number six in the first chart update. Did it sell any copies after last Friday? :D

I imagine VERY FEW. Not after streaming it, anyway...

It was #13 in the late midweek I saw, so I'm guessing either some streaming data was missing, or sales are very close further down the chart, and they may have been a little unlucky.

CRYING that it’s one place lower than a David Soul Gold compilation :D

CRYING that it’s one place lower than a David Soul Gold compilation :D

What year IS it, exactly? I know people said the Tories were dragging us back to the '70s and we seem to have reached 1981.

Oh FFS, at least pick one of the 6/10 tracks if you're going to make a video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom