The Gay Footballer

I totally agree. I really hope it is real, and we do get progress rather than someone running fast through a lions den.

I'm sure one of the reasons why it's being managed this way is so that there is a lot of support built up for him before it happens, with the hope that that may fend off some of the homophobia before it happens.

That's a nice way to look at it - I assumed it was because the player in question isn't famous and this approach would get more attention than just coming out.

Oh that's just entirely coincidental, I'm sure :side-eye:

I have never heard racism in a gay venue ever. Not that I frequent often these days.

There was a fairly big NBA player that came out as gay a few years back wasn't there? I mean... I heard that somewhere from someone who knows someone who knows something about sport.

I think we need a poll. What will happen first - the gay footballer comes out, the new ABBA tracks, or MKS release anything?

Sorry but this looks so fake, or just plain stupid. Who in their right mind would write all this shit on twitter instead of just coming out without such a show?

If it's not Ruben Loftus-Cheek then I'm not interested in the slightest.

A good day to bury bad news, I don’t doubt the club will be thinking.

What a load of old shit this was.

I’m not strong enough to do this. *deletes account*

I can’t believe the BBC have bothered to report on it.

What a load of HORSESHIT.

So instead of opening doors and being an inspiration, he's probably now made it slightly harder for others to come out.

If there's been a PR firm involved in this in any way they need to take a serious look at themselves.

They'll all be too busy at the PR PR person's awards dinner of the month lunch.

Pathetic from the very beginning

I'm amazed it was picked up anywhere

He announced he wasn't strong enough or somesuch first.

The more I think about it the more it screams fake.

Any team involved in this would organise a press conference to announce it - the player wouldn't be going rogue on Twitter teasing things. That would make a leak more likely where in reality the club/management would want to control the story.

BBC still treating this like it was real. Look guys, you've got a lot worse to be embarrassed by than falling for a Twitter troll, let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom