The Great British Bake Off 2019

Let's hope this year manages to be last year's thread. 72 replies!

Are you in, Rita? Let's try to beat that target in week one!

Oh yes, count me in. Sandi and Noel weirdly make a fantastic presenting duo, and I LOVE Prue.

Jo AND Tom Allen? Did he do it last year?

I haven't been interested since it left the Beeb. I like Sandi but cannot hack Noel. And Prue Leith is awful.

Mel and Sue for the win.

I don’t think I have ever watched the spin off show.

It hasn’t been ESSENTIAL viewing in quite the same way since it left the BBC.

Prue needs to stop checking herself and just be the ROTTEN CUNT we know she is.

I agree about Prue. I don't need simmering undercurrent of cunt. I need it unleashed.

Last edited:
I may try to dig out some Bake Off viewing stats later, just to give Rita a stiffy.

I like Tom Allen generally but his part on An Extra Slice was a bit hit and miss for me.

Prue's true nature is being suppressed because Hollywood likes to be the tough one.

Viewing figures for each series final:

One - Edd Kimber (BBC2) 2.75m
Two - Jo Wheatley (BBC2) 5.06m
Three - John Whaite (BBC2) 6.74m
Four - Frances Quinn (BBC2) 9.45m
Five - Nancy Birtwhistle (BBC1) 13.51m
Six - Nadiya Hussain (BBC1) 15.16m
Seven - Candice Brown (BBC1) 16.03m
Eight - Sophie Faldo (C4) 10.13m
Nine - Rahul Mandal (C4) 10.54m

God, Rahul was such a SIMPERING winner. I'd COMPLETELY forgotten him.

Nadiya has been my favourite winner. I had to google who Sophie was, and I watched that full series. It says it ALL.

We had a Bake Off contestant open a cake shop in the local town. Her macarons, and millionaire shortbread were to DIE FOR. Unfortunately, it has closed down now. :(

I also had no idea that it was still picking up those figures on channel 4. :o

Slightly pissed off at crappy old Candice having a higher finale figure than Nadiya.

Still, one of them is still turning out her own series on BBC and has published several books, and the other was first out on Dancing On Ice :)

Nadiya has been my favourite winner. I had to google who Sophie was, and I watched that full series. It says it ALL.

Same, on both points.

At least I remembered Rahul.

I mean if this isn't one of the most genuinely lovely TV moments ever (for a variety of reasons), I don't know what is.

Apart from one guy everyone is 40 or under! Also, 11 English people and 1 Welsh woman. Scotland paid dust yet again. I think there's only been about 5 or 6 Scottish contestants in total in 10 years.

The BBC suggests that one of the men identifies as Scottish, whatever the hell that means.

Looking at the lime-up, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we hear quite a bit about their lack of diversity over the next few weeks. Only two people of colour out of 13 isn't a great look these days.

To be fair, I'll be identifying as Scottish as soon as you (we :)) get independence post-Brexit.

Apart from one guy everyone is 40 or under! Also, 11 English people and 1 Welsh woman. Scotland paid dust yet again. I think there's only been about 5 or 6 Scottish contestants in total in 10 years.

Marie had a delicious cake shop in my nearby town. She has now gone in to ANTIQUES.

Oh I am worried for the Spanish gothic queen. :(

Though Jamie seems to be getting lots of airtime, I'm not sure what this means.

If you told me gap yah boy had literally never picked up a bowl and a mixer in his life I'd believe you.

I like a train wreck as much as the next person, but this all feels very contrived.

If you told me gap yah boy had literally never picked up a bowl and a mixer in his life I'd believe you.

I like a train wreck as much as the next person, but this all feels very contrived.

They did like his first bake but it is certainly being laid on thick now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom