The Great British Bake Off 2021

I feel like GEORGE is going to get CERTAIN GAYS going

I thought he looked more like Gerry from Big Brother than those other people.

I wasn't in the mood, so decided to watch The Cotswolds with Pam Ayres instead.

I just started this and they really need to work on the comedy bits. Mainly eliminating them. I skipped the awful band in the beginning and then the flinstones song went on and on.

No one home for Jurgen :(

That was so sad, you’d think they’d care to be around for the news.

It’s a good group, some cute guys (the very hot one seems a bit dim but you can’t have it all). The one with the weird accent is entertaining. Christelle is very beautiful, she looks like someone who would go far. I also like the Pru lookalike.

I just started this and they really need to work on the comedy bits. Mainly eliminating them. I skipped the awful band in the beginning and then the flinstones song went on and on.

Yes they have been extended quite unnecessarily since the Mel and Sue days.

Looks like they have gone out of their way to see whether baking can make absolutely anyone seem lovable by casting a detective in the Met.

Pru lookalike SCREAMS Brexiteer.

It is concerning that every episode her go to line is “I don’t see the point of changing things” or “I prefer the classic way”.

Did everyone else give up on this?

I’m still watching - it’s quite a poor standard of baking this year. Maggie was really very bad indeed :D but somehow made it all the way to week 4.

I think it’s very much between Giuseppe and Jurgen. The Brits are lacking.

Agreed. I wouldn’t rule Chigs out but it must between those three to win. Besides that everybody looks out of their depth already (apart from possibly Crystelle).

Amanda and George are embarrassingly bad. Freya has potential but she’s stuck with the vegan stuff.

How does vegan work in the technical challenges? Have they had to change the recipes for everyone to accommodate her? Or is it not actually a massive issue (I know nothing about baking).

How does vegan work in the technical challenges? Have they had to change the recipes for everyone to accommodate her? Or is it not actually a massive issue (I know nothing about baking).
I don’t think her technical challenges are vegan. She was definitely using eggs in this week’s challenge. Presumably they have told her to just suck it up.

I'm finding this lot a lot more watchable than last year's who I can barely remember, but I agree the standard isn't up there at all. I don't think Amanda's had a single competent bake yet :D

It’s a very watchable group! Amanda and George have only been saved by others, somehow, being even worse than them :D

Regarding Freya, it was interesting this week that Paul was quite critical of her showstopper but suggested it was possible to make an equally good vegan version

I'm finding this lot a lot more watchable than last year's who I can barely remember, but I agree the standard isn't up there at all. I don't think Amanda's had a single competent bake yet :D
Oh God, last year's lot was a chore to sit through. I can't remember anyone.
I'm finding it quite entertaining this year, despite Matt Lucas.
Can't wait for German week, wonder what they'll have to bake. It looked like Christmas cookies, but I have no idea what that yeast showstopper was supposed to be. Gugelhupf?
Although the STOP FUCKING HATE will probably claim it's a fix to favour Jürgen...

Surprised to see Flora going over George - the gag of the week being Amanda pulling it out of the bag with her showstopper (finally).

Still seems to be between Giuseppe, Jurgen and Chigs.

Yeah what did George do that is of note? He’s been consistently shit. At least Freya managed some vegan recipes.

No comments on yesterday’s show? Jurgen’s victory feels like a forgone conclusion now - even Jurgen can’t touch him. It is more interesting to consider who else will be in the final with those two.

Last night's episode was so boring, because it was obvious virtually from the start who was winning and who was going home.

Reactions: D5K
No comments on yesterday’s show? Jurgen’s victory feels like a forgone conclusion now - even Jurgen can’t touch him. It is more interesting to consider who else will be in the final with those two.
I assume one of these Jurgens is meant to be Giuseppe :D

I quite enjoyed all the caramel fails, but I still would have put all of them in my face.

“Free from” week is going to be WANK though!

Watching them try to avoid saying that they were making Twixes in the technical was entertaining. I wonder how many times they had to cut because someone got it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom