The Great Moopy 5K Run: Wednesday 5th May - 0700 GMT

Rowan Tree 🌳

maybe this time i'll win :)
As of Monday 4th:
So, the proposed plan is as follows:
- We all aim to run, jog or walk 5km at approximately the same time on Wednesday 4th May at 7am.
- Once finished, we can share our time here, including a Screenshot if you like (it might be a good idea to download Strava or a similar app).
- Or, feel free just to share that you've completed the 5km! Time posting isn't essential.
- If you can't do 7am, complete the 5km at a different time and share here regardless!
- If this works out we can maybe try a few more, even playing with the distance if we like.

---

As discussed in the Moopy Runners thread.

The idea would be to coordinate a 5k run at approximately the same time some day this coming week. It doesn't necessarily have to be competitive but we could still post our times if we like. Or just post to say that you've completed it!

Wednesday has been mentioned as a possibility but that isn't concrete at all.

And if you fancy walking that's fine too.

All welcome.

Last edited:
I can do Wednesday as long as it’s a reasonable time. I have an athletics quiz at 7, so before that please, if possible!

Personally I like running first thing in the morning. If we're trying to do it synchronized I'm happy to change it up. I shouldn't really do between 9-5 though as I'm 'working from home' :)

I also run first thing in the morning but I’m normally super early. (6:30am ish)

I’d prefer an after work run but I’d get up in the morning to join you too if that’s everyone’s preference?

I'm good with morning or evening. Can make day time work but hate the cars and heat and there are more walkers.

Day time if I have to as well, but again, would rather not.

My only no time for Wednesday is beyond 7pm, as I said.

Okay loves someone remind me to go to my bed at a reasonable hour on Tuesday eve x

I was going to say I'm in because I really want to get my running watch out again and I haven't measured the distance of my (admittedly very short - it's all HILLS around here) running routes since I moved house.

But 7am? Fuck off! :D I totally WOULD but since lockdown well...it means nothing to me

Everyone has to post a Strava or equivalent screenshot too so no one cheats and also it gives me impetus to actually keep going.

Oh yes, I’ll post my nap my run :disco:

Strava is my favourite.

Does anyone use any pacing apps? Presumably they’re a thing...?

Runkeeper tells you your pace and time every km and you can do challenges for half marathon training for example so that it tells you every minute whether to speed up or slow down to meet your target pace.

Sometimes I use it alongside Strava.

I was going to say I'm in because I really want to get my running watch out again and I haven't measured the distance of my (admittedly very short - it's all HILLS around here) running routes since I moved house.

But 7am? Fuck off! :D I totally WOULD but since lockdown well...it means nothing to me
You can run later if you like! People can be flexible though it is nice if some people are trying to coordinate if they can.

Running at 7am and making the decision to go out before your brain's fully woken up is WAY EASIER than deciding to go on a lunchtime run when you're hungry and it's hotter outside, or an evening run when you're tired and fancy a WINE.

But would still be nice if people join in whenever they want. :)

Agreed. Running this morning was really lovely so I'm excited for even earlier. Especially considering Wednesday is to be the clearest day of the week here.

If everyone just runs on Wednesday, that’s fine! It works! But for those of us who want to do an early morning run and co-ordinate it, that’s ok too.

Oh you know what I think I might. I need to stop this waking up later and later business as it's now basically FILTH O'CLOCK when I'm getting up and half the day's gone. This should rewind the body clock somewhat.

Don't know how to post "evidence" however. I have a Garmin watch I haven't used for a couple of years and I know it can do all that but I don't know if it's easy or not

Everyone get Strava (it's free) and we can start a Moopy club or something on there, right?

(I mean, I have no fucking idea, but I'm sure you can!)

I will join (although I never know how far I've run until I've finished and check Strava) but probably considerably later than 7am :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom