The Great Moopy 5K Run: Wednesday 5th May - 0700 GMT

Well, my Apple Watch says 28:37, Strava says I hit 5k at 28:35 and my overall running time was 28:36. So I think we can call it a dra...

Yeah, fuck that, if you only did 4.97km :D

I'm not QUITE sure how because I measured it on Google maps and everything and my Google Fit says it's over 5.3k so who the HELL knows basically.

Well despite feeling like shit I managed it, albeit at 8 instead of 7am, but still! I did it in 25 mins on the dot. That is the longest I've run since I did the Brighton marathon 3 years ago I think - in fact the last recorded time on my phone was for that!

20200506-083839.jpg

25 minutes when you haven’t run that far in three years?

I HATE YOU!

(Well done!)

To be fair it's the one thing I've always been okay at. Not great by any stretch - both times I did marathons it was a smidge under 4 hours which I was delighted with but it's not outstanding by any means.

Not that I don't feel DEAD after that 5k of course :gross:

Although as I think I've said, I've been doing lots of small runs a few times a week, now more than ever, so that would have helped. That was partly why I did it, to see how long my current routes were, they were probably around 2-3k judging from this so at least it wasn't a HUGE jump.

The thought of 10k however :vomit:

If you can do 5k that quickly, you can comfortably do a slower 10k, trust me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom