The greatest lockdown album Survivor - the GRAND FINAL

CHOOSE THE WINNER

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Funky

User
So it's here. The two albums you chose as the moopy ultimate lockdown 2020 albums.

After a very close semi final where Lady Gaga bravely battled to the very end, she meets her demise finally, leaving Dua v Jessie

Dua_Lipa_-_Future_Nostalgia_%28Official_Album_Cover%29.png
What%E2%80%99s%20Your%20Pleasure

NOW IT'S TIME TO PICK YOUR FAVOURITE. YOUR FAVOURITE. YOUR FAVOURITE! (third time at the back for @Iguana )

The list:

Semi Final - Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Quarter Final - Kylie Minogue - DISCO

Final Five - Roisin Murphy - Roisin Machine
---
R8 - Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts
---
R7 - Little Mix - Confetti
---
R6 - Haim - Women In Music, Part III
---
R5 - Halsey - Manic
---
R4
Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters
The 1975 - Notes On A Conditional Form
---
R3
Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated Side B
Rina Sawayama - Sawayama
Tame Impala - The Slow Rush
The Killers - Imploding The Mirage
The Weeknd - After Hours
---
R2
Ava Max - Heaven And Hell
Charli XCX - How I'm Feeling Now
Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour
Empress Of - I'm Your Empress Of
---
R1
Ariana Grande - Positions
Grimes - Miss Anthropocene
Selena Gomez - Rare
Taylor Swift - Folklore
Taylor Swift - Evermore

I love Jessie and that album, but Future Nostalgia got me through lockdown and a breakup and a lot more and it will always define that time for me

One has their own forum on exclusive internet commune Moppy, the other has Boys Will Be Boys. The choice is clear!

I love Jessie and that album, but Future Nostalgia got me through lockdown and a breakup and a lot more and it will always define that time for me
Yes I really consider Future Nostalgia the Lockdown Album (and Chromatica but NEVER MIND) owing to when it actually came out which I believe was right at the start or even slightly before and it really characterised that strange period in everyone's life.

Jessie's came out more in the summer and very much was the album of the season, but it would have been lockdown or not.

So while I associate FN with "lockdown" much more, I've gone for WYP which is hands down the stronger of the two and a strong contender for best album of all time. :disco:

god knows that when it's my time to get into heaven or not they will look at my Future Nostalgia playcounts, consider every time I mimed a mournful tear to the intro of Love Again or sang trickle down my spine in a manner imagined to be sexy while Pretty Please popped off, and say: you're a real one, in you come.

but What's Your Pleasure is the better album. 12 great tracks vs 9 (and that's before deluxe editions). zero filler. total artistic reinvention, effortless triumph. Ms Jessica deserves this. :disco:

Both are great albums, but What's Your Pleasure has legs and will no doubt be recalled fondly for a long time. Partly because of the fabulous sleek disco sounds, partly because Jessie sells the shit out of it.

Future Nostalgia felt like a (very good) step in a young artists career. And I loved that video remix thing that was done.

Honestly the whole top 5 could have fought in a final vote. Our queens were gay vaccine.

Your winner and the official QUEEN of lockdown: Your Empress and current Queen Of Popular Music, Jessica Jessus Jessie Ware.

ALL HAIL!

giphy.gif
Now get the bloody Funky does Kylie thing finished before we all die a death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom