The Killers - Imploding the Mirage (New Album)

FetchFugly

Pregnant
First single is Alex Cameron co-write Caution, which definitely doesn't break any new ground for them, but I like very much anyway:

I REALLY like this. I wasn’t all that keen on the last album, but this definitely sounds a lot more promising from them.

I don't really know what is happening in the Caution video but it looks nice:

New song that is fine but definitely not as good as Caution:

I love the bird artwork of "fire in bone" - what does it rip off - it seems like such an 80s trope? What is the name of the species?

I don't know, some kind of peacock? I love all the artwork so far.

Fire in Bone has already grown on me considerably. The album (also featuring Weyes Blood and kd lang) has been pushed back from May to be finalised or something.

Yes, thanks, a blue (Indian) peacock - now where have I seen this artwork before?
blue-peafowl-tail-Indian-peacock-courtship-displays.jpg

Think I prefer "fire in bone" to "caution" - it feels less Killers by numbers. Both are good though.

obviously singing to myself here but I cannot highlight enough how sparkly, 80s and euphoric this Dave Aude take on Caution is

dreamy gorgeousness!

the instant grat My Own Soul's Warning is also really fucking good

Never been a Killers fan but “Fire In Bone” is one of my tracks of 2020 so far.

Dying Breed is so good:

They really doubled down on the Springsteen. The first half I was thinking something like from the Tunnel of Love period, then halfway in it just goes BIG

yeah that switch up is fantastic. weirdly this makes an amazing companion piece to the new Miley track :D

I've just seen from the new release schedule that this is also out next week:

Don Diablo vs The Killers – Mr Brightside

NOT NOW

Loving this era of The Killers. Still absolutely loving Fire In Bone as it fills me with all kinds of nostalgia. Like a Talking Heads / Simple Minds love child.

Bit late but I am bloody loving CAUTION, and the Clean Bandit remix

Bit late too but I'm living for Fire In Bone. When is the album out? I'm sure it will do well even if the singles aren't making an impact themselves

Bit late too but I'm living for Fire In Bone. When is the album out? I'm sure it will do well even if the singles aren't making an impact themselves

It is out this coming week. Assume it will go to number one, even if they are well on the commercial slide.

From the songs released so far this album should be their best in quite a while. It very much feels like Brandon and the other one left are embracing their classic sound.

Yeah I can see this going to number one. Radio 2 are still big supporters and that’s normally a good way in to album sales.

I never really got into The Killers. I like the odd song here and there but I could never go through an entire album. I'm not even sure what genre they're supposed to be. And everyone was going on about how good they are live but their Glasto set was a borefest.

That being said I do like 'Caution' [MC remix]

album's here!

Blowback is the song pushed to Spotify today. It's quite nice! A bit calmer/less explosive. I'll listen to the rest soon

Not sure if is quite all killer (:side-eye:), but there isn't a dud on this, and when was the last time that could be said about one of their efforts? Even Hot Fuss had Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll.

The two features create quite glorious moments. I put on Wonderful Wonderful, which I like much of, but there is a lot of downtempo stuff, and the new album is full steam ahead by comparison.

Approaching 44k sold, and outselling the rest of the top 20 combined. Very good.

The next album is apparently in the bag and going to be released in the next ten months. We'll see if that comes to pass...

this era has felt pretty under the radar to me so I'm surprised but pleased for them!

this era has felt pretty under the radar to me so I'm surprised but pleased for them!

I kind of felt that way as well. I guess the songs released in advance of the album were strong which helped, and Caution in particular was a good, safe lead for them compared to The Man last time.

I loved Caution, and this has actually managed to surpass my expectations. My early faves are Blowback, Dying Breed, and (especially) My God. I think the whole thing will grow though.

Early Ranking
1. Hot Fuss
2. Sam's Town
3. Imploding the Mirage
4. Day & Age
5. Battle Born
6. Wonderful Wonderful (I only listened to this in full once though)

It's a really great record start to end - nothing remotely skippable and it treads the line really nicely on the side of euphoric rather than exhausting.

Faves: My Own Soul's Warning (mandatory tour opener surely), Caution, My God, Imploding the Mirage (good work rhyming camouflage, collage and mirage here :disco:)

I have been playing this quite a bit. It is so strong all the way through. The glittering arrival of Weyes Blood on My God is an obvious highlight, but also loving the glorious Fleetwood Mac-esque intro of Running Towards a Place and the part in When the Dreams Run Dry goes all Highwayman.

Bring on the next already in the bag album :disco:

my own soul's warning has only just hit me. what a glorious song. dancing in the dark in glitter.

yeah it's only 10 tracks long, breezes by and is superb start to finish.

really enjoyed this album, and all its varied 80s references.

This is the track jumping out at me right now, starting all Fleetwood Mac and morphing into a Billy Idol anthem

SO SO excited for this. I saw them at a festival in 2018 which reignited my love for them and their album from earlier this year was a real return to form.

I hope Runaway Horses is a Belinda Carlisle cover (not gonna happen but imagine!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom