the marvelous mrs. maisel

ameraal

la loi de murphy
how do we not have a thread about this show? is no one here watching it? well i'm finally making my way through season 2 (after loving the first) and it's wonderful.

i know it rubs some people the wrong way (and others say it's overrated) but even then you have to admire the amazing production value, the indulgent set pieces and the overwhelming nostalgic and romantic feel to it.

people are crazy for brosnahan, and i do think she does a great job and is very charming, but personally my favourites are the parents - both tony shalhoub and marin hinkle are <з

I found it charming at first but it quickly became grating and I dropped out midway through the first season.

Amy Sherman-Palladino's writing style is decidedly not for me, I feel.

i really enjoyed the first season, but haven't got around to the second yet.

just finished season 2 and i loved it. the story branches out nicely, we see a lot more of the support characters and the set pieces and choreography of it all is even richer and more elaborate.

also the final bit with lenny bruce was wonderful. big thumbs up.

half the episodes aren't written by as-p by the way. not that it matters, as it's all pretty homogenous but i personally like how chatty the show is.

is anyone watching season 3? it came out a few days ago.

the busy, lavish sets and love for music and jewish tradition is still there but i thought the story was a bit blah and just not that funny to begin with. but i'm watching episode 7 and it is absolutely wonderful.

abe is the mvp this season, though i love rose as well and justine lupe has been a pleasure in the few seconds she's shown up.

Oh I had no idea season 3 had been gifted to us already. It's a pleasant show to watch, even if the mother's character seems a bit inconsistent and I wasn't into the doctor all that much. I first watched this with a German military guy, ah memories.

is anyone watching season 3? it came out a few days ago.

the busy, lavish sets and love for music and jewish tradition is still there but i thought the story was a bit blah and just not that funny to begin with.

This is where I stand with it, too. It did pick up notably towards the end of season 3 but the first few episodes felt like a pretty shell with not a lot going on inside.

yes! the last two episodes were absolutely wonderful! among the very best of the show and totally made up for the saggy start.

This is wrapping up now in its 5th season which is really really good. 4th season wasn't great but they're tying up the end spectacularly well.

I'm enjoying the flash forwards of this series. As a viewer it's deserved.

I enjoy that they've aged all the cast, but she hasn't aged in the slightest.

A nod to Joan Rivers plastic surgery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom