The Masked Singer: Series 2

They’ve probably said Gabrielle every week since week 1, but it was edited in this week because she’s going home (like Lenny Henry last week).

The only one I'm not certain on is Dragon.

Also, with no Britain's Got Talent this year, they've commissioned The Masked Dancer. Not a surprise, looks like great fun.

How come the audience were there for her final performance? I thought they threw out the audience before the reveal to avoid them spoiling it.

Very proud of Gabrielle this last couple of months. I think she got better and better through the weeks and she thinks that she ‘can’t sing’. It didn’t surprise me she said something about being amazed to make it this far (no other contestant has said anything like that). It’s a funny old show cos it’s about the only show where you’re kinda looking forward to your favourites going out, so you can see their reveal.

Listen to her latest album from 2018. Genuinely really good!

I adore her earlier stuff. I Wish, and Give Me a Little More Time have had me quite BLEARY EYED this evening. Will give her last one a listen.

I absolutely adore 'Shine' in particular from the latest album.

Just announced she's releasing a covers album on basis of this show, with a couple of newly written tracks too for good measure, called 'Do It Again'.

I absolutely adore 'Shine' in particular from the latest album.

Just announced she's releasing a covers album on basis of this show, with a couple of newly written tracks too for good measure, called 'Do It Again'.
What’s worth checking out past the first 3 albums? (because I own those already)

Forget About The World was always my fav of her singles if I remember correctly.

What’s worth checking out past the first 3 albums? (because I own those already)

Forget About The World was always my fav of her singles if I remember correctly.

From Play To Win: definitely Fallen Angel. Somehow is her 9th most played song on Spotify. Don't know why they didn't release it as a single.

From Always: I love the jazz-infused All I Want and the album closer Closure, is like Should I Stay part 2, in a good way.

From Under My Skin: I personally love Shine and Thank You. But I think that's probably her strongest album overall since the early days.

ITunes impact

#8 Now & Always: 20 Years of Dreaming
#43 Rise
#69 Dreams Come True: The Greatest Hits

#48 Out of Reach
#55 Dreams
#133 Rise
#145 Sunshine

Probably not a bad time to go out if you're not going to win - I imagine the two runners up will get a bit lost in the shuffle after next week's show, whereas Gabrielle can have all the headlines tomorrow.

ITunes impact

#8 Now & Always: 20 Years of Dreaming
#43 Rise
#69 Dreams Come True: The Greatest Hits

#48 Out of Reach
#55 Dreams
#133 Rise
#145 Sunshine

Probably not a bad time to go out if you're not going to win - I imagine the two runners up will get a bit lost in the shuffle after next week's show, whereas Gabrielle can have all the headlines tomorrow.

Thanks I was gonna ask someone if there was any of this.

I just realised that of the 2nd group of six singers, Harlequin actually was the last one standing, so I'm seeing that as some kind of victory too. :D

Give Me A Little More Time by Gabrielle remains to this day the greatest song ever written

This makes me very happy to see someone else saying something like this that's not me :D

It really is such a good song that when I first heard it in 1996 I was absolutely convinced it could only be a cover version, as it sounded like nothing else of its time.

I really like that she's chosen to cover largely modern pop songs on this over karaoke staples. Harry Styles' Falling last week worked fabulously for her. Unfortunately I don't think her two choices this week were quite as well suited to her.

I thought Everything I Wanted was her best performance of the whole series personally - very interesting song choice. I could hear her confidence growing with each week (because it's so true that she is literally the most nervous performer I've ever seen that is actually a professional singer...). You even see it on an evening in concert, the first few songs she's nervous and warms up by 20 minutes in.

EIW just didn't have enough build for a 2 minute TV performance, I think. Not her fault, it's just the way Billie Eilish songs are structured - they're generally quite one paced.

I think the absolute opposite. There was a really great build up (compare that to when she did 'Smile' and 'Fast Car' - which were easily her two weakest performances) and it showcased her voice really well. Have to agree to disagree on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom