The Masked Singer: Series 2

I know you were all waiting with bated breath so I googled it for you. X Factor got 19.4 million for its live final in 2010.

YOU ARE ALL SO WELCOME.

I went to see Ne-Yo once around 10ish years ago with my ex husband and we turned up at the venue to find no one standing outside. It wasn’t until we got turned away from the door that we realised it was CANCELLED and nobody told us. :DAF:

I think she had a bit of a backlash a few years ago? Did she not go a bit Lulu with her accent?

She just appeared at the Brits with a weird American accent, but it was more some bizarre “peace and love” thing she was saying about Robbie Williams.

I mean it was weird but didn’t deserve to make headlines and hinder her career.

It seems like series 3 is confirmed, probably after The Masked Dancer in the Sprung!

I can see Daniel and Natasha Bedingfield in the next series. They seem like perfect fodder.

I would have thought the likes of Kerry Katona and Katie Price would jump at the chance to appear on this but after the clientele of this series they really are not big enough names.

I think the right singer won, but I did like that even that brief bit of her speaking without the mask on was probably enough to remind most viewers how she's still QUITE annoying :D

I spent most of the episode hoping for a James Bond clue, as one of my favourite rubbish Joss Stone facts is that she technically did a Bond theme - it was for one of the Bond videogames and is actually REALLY GOOD!

(There's also one for a different game by Mya which is less good but still alright)

Did we know she could sing like that? I just remember Super Duper Love, You Had Me, and Right to Be Wrong and she had a very distinctive tone. I didn’t know she had the DEPTH.

I spent most of the episode hoping for a James Bond clue, as one of my favourite rubbish Joss Stone facts is that she technically did a Bond theme - it was for one of the Bond videogames and is actually REALLY GOOD!

(There's also one for a different game by Mya which is less good but still alright)

I caved and listened. It actually is very good!

Reactions: COB

Also inexplicably covered by Ukrainian popstar Kamaliya:

Did we know she could sing like that? I just remember Super Duper Love, You Had Me, and Right to Be Wrong and she had a very distinctive tone. I didn’t know she had the DEPTH.
She definitely seemed to show more range than I thought she had, but I've never delved too deeply into her back catalogue.

I would have thought the likes of Kerry Katona and Katie Price would jump at the chance to appear on this but after the clientele of this series they really are not big enough names.

They're definitely big enough names! They're both as big as Martine McCutcheon.

TBH Ne-Yo and Joss Stone were the only two my parents didn't know, so I think they found it kinda underwhelming when they were the last 2. :D

I found it a bit annoying when Joss said this was the best 'job' she'd ever had. I don't want to think of it as a job for them. I mean, I know it IS, but you NEVER hear celebrities calling reality tv appearances 'work'. But other than that, a deserved winner.

Ne-Yo came across the best of the final 3 when revealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom