The Masked Singer: Series 3

I wasn't comparing their range - I meant to say that they sound best singing their own songs. I would never call Natalie a vocal powerhouse, that's just not her style of singing. I'd say her voice is subtle, she has a great tone and she has an edge to the vocal where she needs to, especially in the early days.

I’ve always found her vocal quite non descript but she DOES have some great songs that can not be denied.

But if you do want to hear more Nat, I suggest my playlist that I put together for a Moopy sync last year!

I have listened to all her albums, apart from her new one. In my opinion she keeps coming back with more and more diminishing returns.

I have listened to all her albums, apart from her new one. In my opinion she keeps coming back with more and more diminishing returns.
Isn't this the case with most 90s stars? As a lifelong fan of the Tori, Alanis, Natalie etc brigade, I'm used to realigning expectations as they change - vocally, songwriting style, thematically - because it's never the same as it was in the '90s, but I still really enjoy their work now, even if it's not a Jagged Little Pill / Left of the Middle etc

Important news while this is still a hot topic -

Did you enjoy The Masked Singer? Fancy doing it yourself?

Screenshot_20220213-172835.png

Series two LAUNCHING SOON

Isn't this the case with most 90s stars? As a lifelong fan of the Tori, Alanis, Natalie etc brigade, I'm used to realigning expectations as they change - vocally, songwriting style, thematically - because it's never the same as it was in the '90s, but I still really enjoy their work now, even if it's not a Jagged Little Pill / Left of the Middle etc

I suppose the fact that I always enjoyed her music, and was never fanatical over her means that when she has got worse IN MY OPINION going from each album I am less and less likely to seek her out. It would seem I am not alone going by recent album sales.

Crap or not, Natalie is responsible for about 90% of moopy posts today :disco:

Going back to PANDA. I wonder if she would have won if it was a live viewer vote rather than an audience vote? Could they make it a live show?

Going back to PANDA. I wonder if she would have won if it was a live viewer vote rather than an audience vote? Could they make it a live show?
I was thinking about this, and I reckon it would be a LOT harder to keep the identities secret if they were producing a live show every week - it also means that the celebrities would have to commit to the show for longer than they do at the moment, so it would impact on their availability (I think you'd also be much more likely to end up with the usual reality show circuit doing the show, and less of the surprising choices).

I was thinking about this, and I reckon it would be a LOT harder to keep the identities secret if they were producing a live show every week - it also means that the celebrities would have to commit to the show for longer than they do at the moment, so it would impact on their availability (I think you'd also be much more likely to end up with the usual reality show circuit doing the show, and less of the surprising choices).
This makes sense. The final 3 all have young children too, so it wouldn’t be as easy to commit to scheduling ties etc.

Although I suppose if they got paid enough £££ they could always leave the kids with a child minder.

I've always said if they make it a live show, it should be a one week thing like Britain's Got Talent.

Although I suppose if they got paid enough £££ they could always leave the kids with a child minder.
Couldn't the producers set up a creche?

"It'll be fine, just leave your kids with the masked childminder, nothing to worry about here".

Can we start speculating about who's going to be on series 4 yet?

Kanye West
Jane Danson
Ted Danson
Fleur East
Howard off the Halifax
Vonda Shepherd
The Shoebomber Richard Reid

Do you know how that compares to the previous series by any chance?
That was during my absence last year so I didn't post anything.

According to Wikipedia, the final of series one had an average audience of 6.47m, and series two 7.64m. It doesn't give a source to check, but I'd imagine that would be the 7 day figure.

That was during my absence last year so I didn't post anything.

According to Wikipedia, the final of series one had an average audience of 6.47m, and series two 7.64m. It doesn't give a source to check, but I'd imagine that would be the 7 day figure.
Hmmm, perhaps they ARE the overnight figures though, as according to BARB (whose figures I use for the weekly chart), series two final had 9.924m after 7 days.

Actually, I'd noticed earlier in the run that it was tracking 1m+ down on last year's figures this year, so perhaps the final being 1.3m or so down on the overnights last year is about right.

We were still in some degree of lockdown/restrictions in February last year, weren't we?

Last edited:
Hmmm, perhaps they ARE the overnight figures though, as according to BARB (whose figures I use for the weekly chart), series two final had 9.924m after 7 days.

Actually, I'd noticed earlier in the run that it was tracking 1m+ down on last year's figures this year, so perhaps the final being 1.3m or so down on the overnights last year is about right.

We were still in some degree of lockdown/restrictions in February last year, weren't we?
Yes, pretty much complete lockdown!

An excerpt from THE SNU so take of it as you will. Charlotte said "I haven't sung in the public eye for quite some time now so it felt like the perfect opportunity. I really wanted to design my own costume."

DO people dislike Natalie? It seems more to me that some people were happy she won while preferring one or both of the other finalists, and a few Nat fans managed to conflate those people with some probably much more rude people over on Twitter or wherever else. It's actually soured the vibe this thread has had for most of the series a little bit, for me!

DO people dislike Natalie? It seems more to me that some people were happy she won while preferring one or both of the other finalists, and a few Nat fans managed to conflate those people with some probably much more rude people over on Twitter or wherever else. It's actually soured the vibe this thread has had for most of the series a little bit, for me!

Yeah, I don’t think she’s unpopular on moopy really, but I couldn’t have told you that from reading this thread :D

EXACTLY THIS. I don’t think ANYONE said they didn’t like Natalie just that she didn’t have the strongest vocal of the three!

@COB @Rita I know you don't mean it, but sounds a tad like you're dismissing Iguana down as a rabid fan who got into a twitter-esque argument, when actually he was just upset at the posts on here that were taking her win negatively and defended her.

@COB @Rita I know you don't mean it, but sounds a tad like you're dismissing Iguana down as a rabid fan who got into a twitter-esque argument, when actually he was just upset at the posts on here that were taking her win negatively and defended her.

BACK UP DADDY-O. I wasn’t talking about Iguana hence my following post. Others were just STIRRING which did wonders for this threads post count.

BACK UP DADDY-O. I wasn’t talking about Iguana hence my following post. Others were just STIRRING which did wonders for this threads post count.
I for one don't believe anyone on Moopy would stir the pot over something as inconsequential as a disguised celebrity singing contest.

Anyway Panda should have been immediately booted from the contest for taking the DANC out of DANCING ON MY OWN, and not even given a reveal.

The behaviour of CRIMINALS, quite frankly.

COUNTRY DIVIDED OVER WOMAN IN PANDA COSTUME! :o

Can't wait for next year's controversy as Alison Hammond slips into her zzexy zebu costume (8 dead)

Outside of Moopy my darling. I’m not sure anyone outside of Moopy gets quite as passionate about Natalie Imbruglia. :D
Oh you should have been on the official Natalie Imbruglia forum back in 2001 :disco: You ain't seen nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom