The Masked Singer UK - Series 5

disneyteletubby

🕊🎼🎶🔮
A new thread for the new series starting tomorrow :grin:

I think my 3 favourites (costumes) are probably Weather, Maypole and Eiffel Tower. We'll see (hear) tomorrow when they sing! 😊🎤

I'm eager to see the ratings for this because I have a feeling it might absolutely TANK. I'm not sure why; the scheduling is fairly safe, but none of the one-off editions has seemed to be a draw despite it being the exact same format. Nearly all of ITV's staple shows (BGT, IACGMOOH) have had abysmal years, and this isn't starting from anywhere near the heights of those two.

This show massively irritates me. The way everyone involved acts like they’re on some speed and coke frenzy, going hysterical for every performance and every reveal even though it’s just a random celeb side stepping in an oversized costume

I DONT GET IT :greta:

It’s fun to watch on fast forward. They don’t half draw it out With ads, random recaps and repeating viewer competitions about 20 times each per episode.

I'm eager to see the ratings for this because I have a feeling it might absolutely TANK. I'm not sure why; the scheduling is fairly safe, but none of the one-off editions has seemed to be a draw despite it being the exact same format. Nearly all of ITV's staple shows (BGT, IACGMOOH) have had abysmal years, and this isn't starting from anywhere near the heights of those two.
Series One launch 7.1m, final 7.69m
Two launch 5.43m, final 9.92m
Three launch 5.21m, final 7.31m
Four launch 4.97m, final 5.74m

I'm A Celebrity Special One 4.235m
I'm A Celebrity Special Two 3.318m

Christmas Special 2023 (overnight only) 2.6m

Nobody watch this then? There's definitely going to be some crossovers from other versions across the world now with who Weather was. :disco:

I’m watching on catchup now. Nearly at the end. This was clearly a fix with Weather agreeing to be on one episode and out.

Some kind of summary of the performances:

Maypole's headpiece is pretty, but voice was a bit disappointing 😅
Initially I imagined Enya, haha, but movements don't match, and more recently something about Claudia :ClaudiaPopcorn: but the singing voice doesn't fit.
No real idea who, someone younger and less interesting probably :eyes:
She was in bottom 3, not eliminated

Cricket was rather good vocally,
sounds African-Caribbean, and Jay Blades was an interesting guess from Davina. Maybe Jofra Archer?

Bigfoot also good, can't tell if he is injured or not 😅
A very random guess, but I could hear Lee Mack :D

Dippy Egg had a nice song, but the voice wasn't a singer, haha
Not Matt Lucas, Boris or Matt Hancock. I thought Stephen Mulhern 😁

Rat was funny, but not a particular favourite
If the Liverpool accent was real, I thought Sonia, haha

Weather was lovely :grin: and she has quite a voice, older too
She was revealed:
Dionne Warwick! I just remember her Twitter/X says "I am not writing a bio." :laugh:
I particularly like her version of I Say A Little Prayer 🤗

Rat sounded like SHIRLEY BALLAS to me.

Loved Weather. And the fact that we absolutely knew she'd be out first (for the reason Ellie states) the moment we realised who she was :disco:

I'm pretty sure that Liverpool accent is fake.

I definitely recognise Dippy Eggs voice but I'm not 100% sure yet but for the moment my guess is

Frank Skinner

I don’t think you need to post your guesses as spoilers.

Anyway, I thought Davina’s guess for Paul Whitehouse was actually pretty good.

That so annoys me. She definitely got a lump sum to do one week and then out.

I will try to catch Dionne later. In her prime, she was a very underrated singer and extremely well trained in her craft.

Maypole - Jessie Ware or Rita Ora
Cricket - Usain Bolt
Bigfoot - Reggie Yates (not a fucking clue, just a random guess)
Dippy Egg - Steve Pemberton
Rat - Shirley Manson

I definitely heard some Scottish in Rat's singing voice. Especially in the word "boom" so I can see it being Ar Shirls. The others were really hard to place. I agreed that Davina's guess of Paul Whitehouse for Egg wasn't bad at all.

I was very happily going with Miriam Margolyes for Bigfoot till I realised it was a man.

It would be fucking amazing if Maypole was Rita Ora. They obvs couldn't keep it up for long, but I see she's back on the panel for next week's show, i.e. when Maypole isn't performing.

If she's away for the next show due to another commitment then something might be up (and she'll probably get rumbled on that show)

And if they've not done it this year, they should do it next year.

Rat - Shirley Manson

You've spelled 'Ballas' wrong here

I think I remember Maypole having a hastily edited judges comment of "this is definitely a professional singer" or something like that... And with that I'm totally convinced it's Rita now :D

It would be fucking amazing if Maypole was Rita Ora. They obvs couldn't keep it up for long, but I see she's back on the panel for next week's show, i.e. when Maypole isn't performing.

If she's away for the next show due to another commitment then something might be up (and she'll probably get rumbled on that show)
I think she's missing for 3 shows

Ooh - if it's shows 3 and 4 then I THINK WE'RE ON TO SOMETHING

Well Bubble Tea started out very well then went way off, but think they were probably changing their voice?

Well, Owl padam isn't a professional singer surely, no clue though

Was thinking Eiffel Tower could be Mica Paris, but the clues don't add up

No idea who for these, though I liked Air Fryer's performance best so far. :)
For Eiffel Tower I supposed it would be someone Eastenders-related, but maybe not.

Edit: Chicken Caesar's speaking sounded just like Dec (and singing believable too) :D

Last edited:
Yes I thought Eiffel Tower could be someone EE due to the 'old VIC' being shown, and Mica has been in EE. But I have learnt to not go by the clues too much, Joss Stones were so obscure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom