The now completely irrelevant Emeli Sandé has released some good songs and I need to share them

Funky

User
Electro-R&B queen turned oddly-ubiquitous London Olympics icon turned Radio 2 housewives favourite, Emeli has become about as moopy-adjacent as thrash metal lately, but I feel the need to highlight a bit of a RETURN TO FORM...

Sorry but how good is this?

and the single isn't bad either

Haven't listened to the album yet but if she's joining the 80s bandwagon based on the above I''ll be checking it out shortly

Ready to Love is great but feels very dated; I can picture it on the X Factor 12 years ago.

There Isn't Much is pretty wonderful, she sounds very much like Leona on it at times. I think I posted about it sonewhere. The lyrics are a lot but I do prefer it to Ready To Love.

She was always boring and over-earnest and those jumpers were awful.
I mean who does she think she is? Joan Armatrading?
Go back to medical school honestly.

And yes I know that in 5 years this may resurface to haunt me.

Although I suppose it was still better than that Beneath You're/Your (so clever :manson: ) Beautiful garbage.

Reactions: COB
oh wow, it was doing very well on iTunes, not that it means much but it's often a good indicator.
It seems to mean less and less. It was #3 on downloads, #12 on physical, and #10 on sales overall. And nowhere to be seen on streaming.

I kept meaning to update this thread because she’s kinda done it again with this album. The two singles “All This Love” and “There For You” are BOPS. I listened to the album last night and first impression is that there’s a couple more bops to be found as well.

QUEEN OF IRRELEVANT ADULT POP

I literally had to block her last album from a Spotify after I listened once and decided it wasn't for me, when it then would not STOP pushing it on me. :doublechin:

I'll give this one a go though. I can't quite put my finger on what happened with Our Version Of Events except that it just sounds SOOO 2012 these days but not in a warm nostalgic way.

The music that sounds the most dated is almost always the music from about a decade ago. I remember growing up when the 80s was so passé, cheesy and dated. Then it was the 90s. Now everyone embraces them both.

I can’t actually imagine the noughties ever being trendy again but I suppose it will happen :D and then the 10s will get their shot…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom