The Real Housewives of Atlanta

I'm gonna miss Porsha. At some point across the last two seasons, she'd morphed into the most likeable one, the funniest, and the one you were rooting for the most.

She's also the cast member with the most interesting life going on, and that wasn't about to change for the next season what with that bizarre new relationship with the stolen geriatric :D

RHOA is gonna feel like it's missing something without her. But I imagine the door is being left open for her to return, and she probably will return a year or two later.

From what has been rumoured, it sounds as if Porsha was so determined to keep her private life off the show for the upcoming season it probably would have resulted in a total FAILURE of a season. There's nothing worse than Housewives having to talk around something that's happening off-screen ALL SEASON LONG!

...but I am biased as I really don't care about Porsha :D

I think the weird public reaction to her relationship with Simon is the main reason. The way everyone turned in her was bizarre and decided that she must have betrayed her bff Falynn (who she never met before the show) when the reality was the marriage was done and they were both having affairs.

The Atlanta BOOK nuggets, again ripped straight from reddit so don't shoot the messenger x

• Sheree and Deshawn Snow are the only castmembers from S1 participating, and Sheree clearly still has beef with Nene, so take what she says with a grain of salt (in general, not a lot of cast members participated, generally. Nene, KZB, Lisa Wu, Phaedra, and Porsha did not participate which made this hard. Kandi did not say very much. Luckily, Cynthia sounds really reliable with her narration)

• Nene started the show and they all knew that she would be a star- the first part of the chapter is all about Nene

• Andy didn't understand KZB at all, and didnt think she would work

• KZB and Nene made up prior to the show starting but they previously had a falling out

• S2 an off camera fight happened where Nene tried to choke Kim in a Target Parking Lot (!)
  • "Who Gon Check me Boo?" Was a legitimate shock to everyone, apparently the planner was worse than what was shown and said he would smack the shit out of Sheree

• Kim calling in on WWHL with Nene actually shocked everyone

• They basically describe Phaedra as very smart and very evil LMAO SCARRYYYY...everyone seems a little afraid of her...

• Sheree was told after S4 that she needed a break

• Kroy is the househusband who called Andy freaking out he says Kroy was the worst

• Marlo was not asked to be full time because they couldn't access the people close to her in her life. And apparently her mugshots did not help at NBC.

• Cynthia says that KZB got away with being really unprofessional a lot of the time because she was white, she would show up late with MacDonalds, etc.

• The S5 reunion fight was discussed at length and everyone was actually really concerned about where Porsha was mentally but they say she was not demoted bc of the fight, but because she was not being forthcoming about her life in S6

• They weren't sure if Claudia would be full-time, and were also trying to do that with Demetria (but Demetria's husband did not realize how much they would be filming)

• Claudia was let go essentially because they didn't see a lot of her life, Andy says she was not given a fare shake really

• Carlos King (producer) actually left the show in S7 and S8 they begged for him to come back (he is a GENIUS), and he would only agree to come if Sheree came back too

• Carlos also pretty much saved Cynthia from Porsha when they fought on the boat

• Producers did not think the drugging rumor was a big deal when Porsha first said it, but Kandi took that really seriously. No one (not production or anyone) knew that Phaedra had told her the rumor prior to the reunion. Porsha only revealed it because it was so rough for her on social media. Then, Phaedra tried blaming everything on Carlos.

• Carlos had actually left after S8 to again start his own company too, but Phaedra started leaking that he was the source of the rumor and was fired for it. Carlos freaked out.

• Nene seriously did not know Sheree was bringing Kim to her house, and welcomed Brielle, Kim, and Kroy into her home (this was when the roach video occurred)

• Nene thought the roach thing was racially motivated, but the women were split on that

• Two weeks prior to filming S10, Kenya got married without telling production at all and they felt like it was a big "screw you" to them, so it was clear that S11 wouldn't happen with her from the beginning of S10

• They really wanted to make Tanya full time her first season but they could not agree on a contract

• The Closet Incident is not explained that well, but apparently people were actually really scared and there was a lot more that was not shown.

• Nene thought everyone was plotting to take her down that entire season (11?) when it was not the case, but that paranoia caused her to really flip out about Kenya coming in the finale

• Nene would tell people she was the highest paid woman on Bravo (but apparently that's actually Kandi LMAO)

• Everyone agrees that Nene treated producers and crew like shit, was not nice to the network, etc. Andy says their friendship ended in 2020 with that whole ordeal with her leaving for good.

Kandi, Kenya and Drew are back. Sheree and Marlo are joining along with Sanya Richards-Ross who’s a four time Olympian gold medalist.

Excited Real Housewives GIF

I'm completely fine with this cast ON PAPER.

Kenya - Shereé - Marlo is an ideal frenemy TRIO of fun-shade and camp drama, I could get on board with desperate Drew if she drops the Bible and brings further CRINGE, Kandi will be present, and who knows what the newbie will bring.

I'd be happy for the show to focus on the main cast full-time too. Last season got quite messy with so many Friends Of and the Aunties vs Nieces divide.

I'm watching all the reunions this week while "wfh" :D It's really shocking that Kim is only 29 in the first season :( And of course a cancer survivor too at 29.

Did anyone bother with the new Porsha spinoff?

First episode wasn't great and I say that as a Porsha fan. If anything it just highlighted she's better as part of a group than being out on her own.

I'm on an Atlanta tip and catching up on some seasons I never watched for some reason.

On S11 now and good Lord, how annoying is Shamari :zombie:

There's no way that I am going to be talking to someone who opts to wear a flammable yellow dress that resembles a banana-flavoured condom.

Oh but she said it.

There are so many gaps on what my Sky package has, but Atlanta starts from season 3 and 4 on Netflix, with 5+ on Sky. I'm most familiar with this cast thanks to Wendy Williams so this is the one I wanted.

Season 3 | episode 1 | New Attitide

Sheree's lack of acting didn't so much have me fooled as it did make me think the US has a bigger cuckolding scene than I imagined.

Nene: "DJ Tracy Young looks like she is very experienced with women".

Is this Kim thing (ie the nervous excitement) real with Nene?

Isn't Kandi the one with the dungeon? Really turning her back on her signature hit with the whole celibacy thing. The talk of being whooped up also recalling another iconic pop song by Holly Valance that came courtesy of Karen Poole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom