The Real Housewives of Orange County

With Biden in the White House, and Heather back on OC the world finally seems to be returning to some sort of NORMALITY :disco:

I'm assuming they've kept Emily and Gina around to prevent them having to find two other new women to round out the cast and get filming underway quickly.
I'm entirely expecting Emily to be completely sidelined like Kristen was in NYC season 7, possibly demoted to Friend Of by the time filming wraps :D
Gina is a bit different, despite ranking with Brandi Dallas and Nicole Cheshire as one of the least aspirational wives of ALL TIME, she seems to have found some sort of footing within the fanbase. She could potentially bring some amazing SNOBBY MOMENTS out of Heather, and will probably supply Shannon with a weak ally.

I'm assuming Heather has a VERY GOOD DEAL to return, as the show needs her more than she needs the show.
She will clearly be the show lead, with Tamra brought in as her back up (possibly promoted to full time also by the time filming warps, you can NEVER count out TAMRAT!). Amazing she got Kelly Dodd fired :D That Andy appeared on her podcast last night to announce her return shows just how much they are willing to bow to her, it's not the sort of thing Andy would usually do AT ALL.

Very strange that Kelly Dodd will now be an ex-Housewife. I'm assuming she will become Danielle Staub mark 2 with weekly Instagram watch-a-longs that get more unhinged and bitter as the weeks go on :disco:

And of course NEVER FORGET!

Ep7D.gif

LkPE.gif

:disco:

Heather is so awful, yet I cannot LOOK AWAY!

I actually quite enjoyed Elizabeth's first (and only) season. She was a bit of a fascinating oddity that I think would have unravelled before us for our entertainment, had she been given a second season.

Someone is taking their firing well :)

Kelly has angered GG from Shahs, who’s going in on her

I’ve just finished season 7 of this shitshow. It’s definitely getting better with each season now and Heather Dubrow has the makings of an all-time great RH but it’s still the worst of the ones I’ve seen. I’ve said it before but they’re ALL so unlikeable. It’s fine when there’s one or two in a cast, like a Kenya, and the rest can balance out but an entire cast makes a hard watch. Hell I was left feeling sorry for Alexis on the Costa Rica trip despite disliking her the previous two seasons.

I’ve just finished season 7 of this shitshow. It’s definitely getting better with each season now and Heather Dubrow has the makings of an all-time great RH but it’s still the worst of the ones I’ve seen. I’ve said it before but they’re ALL so unlikeable. It’s fine when there’s one or two in a cast, like a Kenya, and the rest can balance out but an entire cast makes a hard watch. Hell I was left feeling sorry for Alexis on the Costa Rica trip despite disliking her the previous two seasons.

That is definitely what sets OC aside from the others. There's no one to root for, as they're all horrible people. :D Quite the feat when it's had so many cast members over 15 seasons!

But seasons 7-11 are amongst my favourite of all of these shows. Perhaps for the same reason. You get to witness the downfall of some truly horrendous people.

I've been rewatching season 7 from the START to celebrate the return of FANCYPANTS, and as a Housewives series that I watched earliest and haven't rewatched since (along with New York season 3) OMG there's so much I totally forgot here!

- How much Heather clearly thinks Alexis is a TOTAL MORON, and pulls her up on every single aspect of her life to great comedic effect ("So why are you RENTING?" :D So what sort of NEWS ANCHOR ARE YOU? :D )
- How disconnected Alexis is from the rest of the group, and is CLEARLY about to be axed at any moment from the show
- The introduction to Brooks! So much more sinister when you know what is to come.
- How much more empathetic I am to Vicki when she's still awful, but not an absolute disaster of a lying, shrieking harpy YET.

Skipping forward to season 11, also completely forgot when Vicki pretended to NEARLY DIE in a desert buggy accident to try and get sympathy for her CANCER SCAM, only for FANCY PANTS to try and guilttrip the sworn enemies of Vicki - GIRAFFE KING-EDMONDS and MAD SHANNON into visiting her in hospital :D

OMG how has this show fallen as hard as it HAS!

Last edited:
I’m onto season 9 now.

Having hated Alexis in previous seasons, I felt really bad for her by the send of S7. Losing Gretchen to evil Tamra and having Fancypants ready to pounce at her at any opportunity got uncomfortable to watch. The Costa Rica trip was horrible.

Season 8 was good to see Gretchen get her comeuppance, she really was the instigator of her own downfall. The rooftop engagement that no cast member attended, clearly intended to secure a spot for the next season and the she gets axed. I thought I’d hate Lydia at first but she wasn’t as bad as expected. OMG at the dark energy of Brooks, what a creep. Vicki must have massive self esteem issues that she’d even talk to him after the Briana revelations.

Vicki's clear lack of self-esteem, and self worth is really quite DEVASTATING to watch back knowing what we know now.

Reality TV really DID create a total monster in her case didn't it.

I'd still trust her to get me COTO insurance though...she'd clearly take her laptop WHEREVER SHE MAY GO to get me the best quote possible :D

Gretchen is currently busy saving the children and taking endless photos of her daughter dressed up like a cheap greeting card

Queen Heather asserting her dominance

Queen Heather asserting her dominance

I know she's awful but this is HILARIOUS.

Kelly Dodd second to Nene Leakes in terms of fumbling the EASIEST BAG of all time - especially seeing as OC is still rating quite well.
I'm sure Shannon for example probably shares a lot of the same views as Kelly, but at least she has the sense to KEEP QUIET about it.

Rumours again swirling that Tamra IS BACK...but they are keeping it as a surprise for the last few episodes of the season to ensure it goes out with a bang
tumblr_n6s7tpriIa1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

I really do HOPE SO! Seeing as Tamra and Heather are apparently still genuine, real life friends I'd be interested to see their dynamic without Vicki's demonic presence lurking.

I appreciate she's been essential to its best seasons, but I stopped being any kind of a fan of Tamra a while ago. In later seasons it just got to the point where you could see the wheels in motion in her eyes, acting out the producer role she'd taken on to make great TV.

Creating drama for the cameras should be subtle. And if it's not, then it should at least be ridiculous - hello Aviva. Watching Tamra became like taking away the illusion of reality TV. And really, what's the point in that.

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 17.05.25.png

for SOME REASON this excerpt from a Reddit discussion about which Housewives are actually 100% above board and not sketchy tickled me :D

(Garcelle seemed to be the ONLY ONE Reddit could universally decide on as having a totally clean slate :D)

Yeah I struggled so much to get in to this so I started off with S9 and I'm nearly finished. It's good

tumblr_n5ogo7BSQ61ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom