The Real Housewives of Orange County

It really did feel like classic OC and I’m already excited for the next episode.

I’m confused that Heather wouldn’t have known that Nicole sued Terry? Unless they’ve only just met but I thought they were already friends…

That first episode made no bones about it - this is the Heather show now. And fair play to them. Why try (and inevitably fail) to pretend otherwise.

Her comeback was given more fanfare than Bethenny's ever was. Deservedly so.

I'm a fan of the two new wives already. And I'm kinda gutted they didn't go all out and make Nicole a seventh housewife too. It looks like she ticks all the boxes.

I’m confused that Heather wouldn’t have known that Nicole sued Terry? Unless they’ve only just met but I thought they were already friends…

My only guess would be that Terry's practice potentially gets lawsuits thrown at it in a volume high enough so that her name wouldn't be remembered?

Terry's new face is SO DISTRACTING! :D I know it's not nice to say, but seriously he looks like JIGSAW!

jigsaw-saw-movie-1580923819634.jpg

Heather "QUITTING THE SHOW" within the first 10 minutes of episode 2 :D // :disco:

Heather and Terry confronting someone must be scary. Especially with Terry’s latest face.

Obsessed with how much everyone is walking on eggshells around Heather already. Emily and Gina have been on this show for three years - Shannon even more. And yet they've not wasted a second in handing over complete reverence to her.

I mean, rightly so and all that. But even Bethenny didn't command that level of unspoken authority upon her return.

Well I know it's probably too early to call it, but based on last week's, this week's and the preview for next week's episode - RHOC is back to its very best. Its very best being the last time Heather Dubrow was on the cast, too :disco:

Three episodes in and we have a first-season Housewife being served divorce papers, and Shannon's realisation that she's in for her worst season in a long time (also, incidentally, since the last time Heather Dubrow was on the cast :D) and wearing this realisation all over her filler-botched face.

It's beautiful.

WTF is this ludicrous Shannon//Noella alliance :D Quite here for it tbh, as ridiculous and completely unbelievable their scenes together are :D

Not everybody hating Shannon this reason for seemingly no real reason whatsoever, they just all DO! :D

I was staring at her nose thinking the same thing! It's like the bridge doesn't exist and it just comes out of her face at the end. Where does it GO?

I want a director's cut of that scene where Noella breaks down, literally pleads with Nicole for a hug or just *any* kind of support, and Nicole responds by clamming up and attempting to leave as quickly and quietly as possible.

What in the name of sociopathy even was that reaction from Nicole? :zombie:

I can't with the Housewives fanbase. I've seen so many social media/reddit posts saying Heather should be SACKED - for WHAT exactly? Causing drama and creating moments? This is the best OC season I've watched in YEARS. Long may Heather Paige Dubrow REIGN :disco:

Noella is such a compelling hot mess too. Literally Kelly Dodd and Brown Wind spliced together but without the toxic.

And the gag of Shannon revealing she's BROKE as her divorce cheque doesn't even cover her expenses :D I'm sure MICROWAVED FLOUNDER will bring in the millions Storms :D

Don't click play on this video unless you want to mindlessly watch a HORROR SHOW for 9 minutes ^

And the gag of Shannon revealing she's BROKE as her divorce cheque doesn't even cover her expenses :D I'm sure MICROWAVED FLOUNDER will bring in the millions Storms :D

Don't click play on this video unless you want to mindlessly watch a HORROR SHOW for 9 minutes ^

The genius of this brand is you've given us everything in one bag and it cooks beautifully. :zombie:

Wait until she becomes a FOX NEWS correspondent :D She'll have to TALK TO GOD at Heaven's Gate when GOD sees how awful she reads the autocue :disco:

But yes: THE WORST! Heather Dubrow casually dragging her because everything she "owns" is actually rented was classist yet iconic :disco:

I hated Alexis her first two seasons but came round to her in S7 when everyone turned on her. The Costa Rica trip was uncomfortable to watch.

I read recently that Alexis only got her final season (season 8 with Lydia) as the show literally couldn't find another Housewife to sign on for the season :basil:

It really makes sense watching that season, as Alexis has literally ZERO connection to the rest of the cast. I think Peggy number 1 was actually due to be a two-season Housewife but quit for personal reasons, which is why she got a small Tinsley-style sign off from the show after the fabulous dinner at CUT FITNESS!

She was on the entire season though. From what I recall, she started off the season with only Vicki as a friend but made up with all the others, bar Gretchen, as the season went on. It was funny to watch Gretchen be befriended by Tamra as a means of getting rid of Alexis only for Tamra to ditch her once all the other women started making up with Alexis.

I hated Alexis her first two seasons but came round to her in S7 when everyone turned on her. The Costa Rica trip was uncomfortable to watch.

It was funny to watch Gretchen be befriended by Tamra as a means of getting rid of Alexis only for Tamra to ditch her once all the other women started making up with Alexis.

THIS!

She was obviously deplorable on her first two seasons, but her performance in the second half of her run was enough to make her one of my all-time faves :o

To my eyes, once the rest of the cast had pecked away at every piece of bone and silicone on the empty shell of a corpse that represented her persona for the first two seasons, and she was left with nothing - no friends, no dignity, no facade - that's when we obviously got to see who she really was. And I thought her natural self was quite endearing, and much more entertaining. She was truly ditzy in a way that never felt forced for the cameras - aka you knew she was genuinely just thick. Plus she had a whole manner of odd but fascinating quirks that I wish producers had leaned more into.

But mostly I enjoyed the camp spectacle of Alexis trying (and somehow, against all odds, actually succeeding) to keep her head above water amongst a cast of women who absolutely detested her. They threw everything at her during those last two seasons, and it all slid right off her. Nothing they said or did effected her - she maintained that clueless underdog narrative that the other women had forced her into halfway through her run, completely unbeknownst to Alexis herself, of course.

The fact that this underdog narrative reached its perfect conclusion in the unsurping of the real villain of that era - the rotten GRETCHEN - was just too delicious. Alexis had been Gretchen's only friend and ally when she really needed it. But once Alexis needed it in return, Gretchen binned her, cohorted with the enemy to try to get rid of her, only for Alexis to unintentionally bumble her way back into the enemy's favour, leaving Gretchen iced out of the group just in time for the filming of season 8 to come to a halt and the considerations for season 9 to start - with Gretchen not invited back. Neither was Alexis of course, but she'd completed her arc, astonishingly managing to leave that show on a high.

Obviously Heather Dubrow's "if everyone says you're dead, it's time to lie down" quote is iconic. But I actually feel it was unfair to Alexis. Halfway through season 7, she knew she was dead. And so she dropped what little pretense she had left, and regenerated into by far the most likable member of that cast until the end of her run. :disco:

that was an episode.

heather is bringing it! noella i don't care much for but she was quite good vs fancypants. i want to see more nicole and (much) less shannon.

i hope i remember emily's name after this episode. is she having a mid-life crisis? her marriage, as well as the jab doctor's, are fascinating to me.

oslo: am i starting to like gina?!

lagos: the first seconds of the recap are amazing. as well as shannon's face, there's a lady in a red dress looking her most nonplussed while noella is wailing about being bisexual. lov3 h3r.

Noella is very pretty. Love her confessionals and she’s messy.

Noella is giving me all I need from a full-time Housewife - right up to the footage of her crashing the Mexico trip in the preview for next week's episode. When it looked like the cast trip was just gonna be the five women excluding Noella and Nicole, I wasn't feeling all that excited about it.

Noella is giving me all I need from a full-time Housewife - right up to the footage of her crashing the Mexico trip in the preview for next week's episode. When it looked like the cast trip was just gonna be the five women excluding Noella and Nicole, I wasn't feeling all that excited about it.

I think it must be now that Nicole no longer appears. She is apparently wouldn't get the vaccine and production had to get rid, noticed that she never had any talking heads but was in every episode so far.

I think it must be now that Nicole no longer appears. She is apparently wouldn't get the vaccine and production had to get rid, noticed that she never had any talking heads but was in every episode so far.

I did wonder what went down there, as she would have been a good addition as another full-timer.

Kinda disappointed that we're not gonna see more from her. That lunch date with Noella a few weeks back, and the subsequent hanging up on her in this most recent episode, both absolutely fascinating behaviour from a human!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom