• New Year's Day

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jark

User
BIG reputation, BIG reputation
OOOOOH you and me would be a BIG CONVERSATION
(AH!) and I heard about you (OOOOH)

you like the BAD ONES TOO

that's right girls. we're here to cast judgment on Taylor's "controversial" sixth record, released during the height of her bad girl/insta baddie era, when she was supposedly receiving a backlash from the press and taking heat from all angles. in reality, she was #1 on the Hot 100, opened with a million+ first week in the US alone (the last such time that happened until Midnights) and still on top of the world, but of course that didn't fit with the album's narrative.

reputation has it all — self-victimising lyrics, trend-chasing R&B-influenced jams, post-dubstep hangover wobbles, huge Jack Antonoff choruses, a perfect track 5, missed single opportunities, Taylor casting herself in the roles of a drunk, a bad bitch, a thief or a cold-hearted lover (often in the same song), and plenty of the silky, twinkling dance-pop that created a template for Lover and Midnights.

so let's go. vote for up to 6 songs in round 1 and we'll lose two or three.

I think this is my least favourite TS album. It leans in to all the things I find least appealing about her. It's just so WHINY.

I'm not in the mood for it right now and honestly I need to listen to it again to remember a lot of the songs!
Oh I only gave it a first listen after she won me back over with folklore.
There’s only TWO i’d consider listening to tbh

I'm not in the mood for it right now and honestly I need to listen to it again to remember a lot of the songs!
do so! it's quite a BREEZY listen. I'll leave this round open 'til Wednesday

I need to listen again to even remember some of these songs

I need to listen to it again to remember a lot of the songs!

I need to listen again to even remember some of these songs
taylor swift truth GIF

• Love
Reactions: RJN
I don't know this album well enough to participate. I keep meaning to go back to it but I haven't done so yet.

MY FAVOURITE TAYLOR SWIFT ALBUM :disco:
it took me a while me too :disco: the best songs on it have aged better than a majority of 1989.

I also notice a big upgrade in her vocals from 1989 to rep. she's much more assured and playful here.

I voted I Did Something Bad (absolutely hideous, her worst bad bitch song), Call It What You Want (bland filler) and Dancing With Our Hands Tied (dated, chorus is limp)

Sorry but Delicate and Ready For It are amongst the best thing she has EVER DONE! I also played the shit out of So It Goes (Miss Americana and The Heartbreak Prince Part I) back then.

any more takers from those who didn't vote yet before round 2?

Same... I assume gorgeous and kind of my heart are safe though

Well I assumed wrong. Sorry to the songs I voted for. I don’t remember them but I wanted to save King of my Heart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom