UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

Johnson played to the crowd at the Party Conference because of course he did. But even supporters are concerned at how low on actual policy and practicalities he was/is. He may be good at a three word pull but that's not enough once you're elected and have an actual job to do. He's all bluster, all personality. Right now, the country is looking to him to deal with real, practical problems and he is bringing nothing to the table. He has sat in interviews and said "why should I deal with the problems I have caused?" and this has really worried a lot of business leaders. But also, fuck them too because they donated to the Tories because they were frightened of having pay a smidgen more tax and now a lot of them will have no business at all so there's your karma, you greedy, soulless fucks. Unfortunately, Johnson's indolence will take down a lot more decent people than it will avaricious scum.

Yes yes and yes. But don’t you think that we live in a world where a few daft gags, a defensive tone and a fend for yourself attitude makes you - somehow and someway because fucked if I know why - totally electable?

There’s been a couple of quotes from him recently, can’t quite remember them exactly, one was about saying he can’t be excepted to fix all the problems, people need to fix themselves, and my immediate thought was - he just added two % points to his polling with that remark. People may not want to admit it and maybe they don’t realise it but too many of them are seduced by populist rhetoric. I see it in my ageing relatives, lifelong labour supporters the lot of them, saying things like, “well I don’t like that Tory Boris but he was right when he said…”

He says what people want to hear, not what they need to hear.

Basically, why are humans so fucking stupid.

Meanwhile more BREXIT BENEFITS!

I think they should just release them into the wild so they can attack our popstars.

We should have a thread JUST for the stuff coming out of Brexit. We could get our post count way up with that one.

One I read today. The U.K. is short of 1000 dentists. There are people who have been on waiting lists for 2 years. Yes partly covid. But that’s backlog issues, nothing to do with lack of actual dentists.

We should have a thread JUST for the stuff coming out of Brexit. We could get our post count way up with that one.

One I read today. The U.K. is short of 1000 dentists. There are people who have been on waiting lists for 2 years. Yes partly covid. But that’s backlog issues, nothing to do with lack of actual dentists.
We're massively short of construction workers as well.

I'm at a point where I'm just telling people they're fucking idiots if they think anything other than Brexit is the reason for all of this.

Here for the Brexit schadenfreude thread, girls. And in related devastating news:

0A9C1355-4308-4F51-A2DC-1C42508A4D71.jpeg

Yes yes and yes. But don’t you think that we live in a world where a few daft gags, a defensive tone and a fend for yourself attitude makes you - somehow and someway because fucked if I know why - totally electable?

Yes we do and it does. And that's the problem. The set of skills required to appeal to the electorate and no longer in any way connected to the set of skills needed to run the country. Ed Milliband was ruled out because he ate a sandwich awkwardly and yet Johnson's racism, homophobia, misogyny, witlessness and buffoonery is all fine because he's a medium level orator with good scriptwriters who excel at 3 word slogans and idle, media friendly gestures.

I know this is the time of year the black dog tends to pay me a visit anyway, but I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed by all of this. The country is being ruined by a Brexit I don't want, shepherded in by a government I'd sooner die than vote for. We're spun lies every second of every day about everything from HGV drivers to home working and the public don't seem to have any right or even inclination to respond. It all just feels a bit hopeless, doesn't it?

I know this is the time of year the black dog tends to pay me a visit anyway, but I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed by all of this. The country is being ruined by a Brexit I don't want, shepherded in by a government I'd sooner die than vote for. We're spun lies every second of every day about everything from HGV drivers to home working and the public don't seem to have any right or even inclination to respond. It all just feels a bit hopeless, doesn't it?

When you’re having a moment of despair, just watch one of those clips like the one of the Tory kids making Tory noises. Guarantee you’ll come away each time kissing the ground and thanking the heavens you’re not one of them.

Small mercies in this crazy world…

This is part of what's getting me down so much. Since I've started working from home I've worked long hours and forged relationships with hundreds of employers to make Kickstart a success, not even complaining that the public sector pay freeze means I'm earning less than I was a year ago. For my troubles, I'm labelled a lazy, cowardly terrorist by the pig fucking cunts I work for.

Re: that article. He seems to not realise that civil servants were evacuated to small towns during the war, so his whole article is bullshit. How can they suck Churchill off so voraciously and still know fuck all about this glorious war they're so nostalgic for?

This is part of what's getting me down so much. Since I've started working from home I've worked long hours and forged relationships with hundreds of employers to make Kickstart a success, not even complaining that the public sector pay freeze means I'm earning less than I was a year ago. For my troubles, I'm labelled a lazy, cowardly terrorist by the pig fucking cunts I work for.

Re: that article. He seems to not realise that civil servants were evacuated to small towns during the war, so his whole article is bullshit. How can they suck Churchill off so voraciously and still know fuck all about this glorious war they're so nostalgic for?
Also: let's obsess about that war that ended 75 years ago, but we must MOVE ON from Brexit which is actively fucking all of us daily.

Here for the Brexit schadenfreude thread, girls. And in related devastating news:

View attachment 5440

The Daily Star is my absolute hero paper recently. Yes, it's trash, of course.

But I've the number of times they've put Boris Johnson and Matt Hancock in clown suits on the front page (referred to as Bozo and Coco respectively) has been a joy.

Also the air raids were AT NIGHT. Y'know, when people weren't in the office?

Also: let's obsess about that war that ended 75 years ago, but we must MOVE ON from Brexit which is actively fucking all of us daily.

WWII and Brexit aren't too dissimilar. I don't imagine it will be long before we're performing sexual favours for ration books and an extra toilet roll.

WWII and Brexit aren't too dissimilar. I don't imagine it will be long before we're performing sexual favours for ration books and an extra toilet roll.
Suck me off for a carrot bbz

Look at this cunt. Who paints in a white shirt? He went jogging in one as well. Is that all he has to wear?

0_EMB-TM211012Boris3.jpg

Have we talked about the fact that they’re doubling down on the first proper covid report basically saying their response was a monumental failure - no apology, no responsibility, no acknowledgement.

Also the fact that disgraced and useless twat Matt Hancock has landed a job at the UN.

Why would they ever worry about what they’re doing when there’s no accountability for anything they do?

Have we talked about the fact that they’re doubling down on the first proper covid report basically saying their response was a monumental failure - no apology, no responsibility, no acknowledgement.

Also the fact that disgraced and useless twat Matt Hancock has landed a job at the UN.

Why would they ever worry about what they’re doing when there’s no accountability for anything they do?

Even the BBC report was like 'new report finds the government killed your grandma, BUT wasn't the vaccine rollout good?'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom