UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

I hate him, but it seems like he at least wasn’t a total fuckup today too. God I was even on that idiot Truss’ side when there was the “yeah but everyone’s flying to the environmental conference” question - I really hate that. They’re world leaders, are they going to take a rickshaw?

Anyway DOWN WITH TORIES - just in case anyone gets it twisted
Jesus, Didsbury, if you love the tories that much why don’t you just marry them?

He just doesn't give a fuck, does he?

FDICvXxWYAYYRvT

He's in fucking Scotland, it's the rules up here!

(Yes I know he's in international territory technically, but WHATEVS)

Every delegate signs a form that they will wear a mask at all times except eating or presenting to an audience, or have their assistant sign a form on their behalf that still applies the rules to them.

The UN police would be within their rights to kick him out.

If he gives David Attenborough covid maybe his approval rating will drop? Maybe?!

Doesn't matter what the rules are, they don't apply to Boris. I genuinely wonder how things would be right now if he had died of Covid. I couldn't hate him more.

Boris U turning over this Owen Paterson MP's conduct business after a backlash.

The STOP FUCKING HATE headline today really pissed me off though - apparently 'MPs' voted for a return to sleaze (or something similar). No mention of WHICH MPs, though. Did a single Labour/SNP/LibDem vote to change the conduct rules? But no, create the narrative that it's all of them, so the Tories get no blame.

It's not the headline though, is it?

And even then, it's 'a political class' and 'MPs' - no mention of WHICH class or MPs. They weren't scathing in their criticism of Boris or the Conservatives. No, let's blame ALL of them. Even the ones who voted against it and who were crying 'shame'.

Last edited:
Boris’s utter shamelessness is quite extraordinary, can you u-turn on a commons vote?!

They know exactly what they are doing. The headline is creating the narrative that 'they are all as bad as each other' which is only going to favour the incumbents and deflect attributing blame.

They know exactly what they are doing. The headline is creating the narrative that 'they are all as bad as each other' which is only going to favour the incumbents and deflect attributing blame.
True, but it's still great to see them screaming about it on their front page and next to a picture of Owen Patterson no less.

I wonder how many others are bricking it now? I'm sure a few were voting to save themselves rather than him.

Super safe Conservative seat unfortunately so the by-election is unlikely to be particularly interesting.

These are the people who said Diane Abbott was a disgrace for drinking a can of M&S margarita on a train. But trousering a big ol' bung for handing out multi-million pound contracts? All fine.

Pricks.

Andrea Leadsom was practically exploding at the suggestion this was Tory sleeze on the Channel 4 news last night. Looking fucking ridiculous like the rest of them now.

Last edited:
All in all, another day in The Thick Of It

Armando must be so jealous he wasn’t able to imagine up any parody quite so vicious and absurd as this

Boris with the usual “OH WELL LOL” attitude

He really does not give. one. fuck. about. what. really. matters. at. all.

And why should he? The public don’t seem to give a fuck either.

I’m surprised actually at the length the media went today to bash this. The only explanation for the u-turn.

So did we know that Boris flew back on a private jet after COP26 to have drinks with his climate change 'sceptic' mates?

Not that the BBC would report that... :eyes:

So did we know that Boris flew back on a private jet after COP26 to have drinks with his climate change 'sceptic' mates?

Not that the BBC would report that... :eyes:
I heard of that

QUELLE SURPRISE!

This Owen Paterson thing seems to have legs. Boris is getting hit from all sides on it. When was the last time this happened? I always wonder how he copes (moreso, how his ego copes) when he’s not able to do what he normally does - make a joke and ignore it til it goes away. It must be hard when he can’t control the story.

I wonder if there will be any long term damage.

Two big outcomes could be: the next time Johnson falls foul of the rules, the Kathryn Stone and the system has been strengthened; and he’s really pissed off at least 200 backbenchers.

I imagine the Tory whip under Johnson is pretty aggressive, so when they’re all forced to back him over something they know is going to backfire, only for him to then U-turn on it and make them all look like idiots, is one sure way to loosen you power over your backbenchers.

This Owen Paterson thing seems to have legs. Boris is getting hit from all sides on it. When was the last time this happened? I always wonder how he copes (moreso, how his ego copes) when he’s not able to do what he normally does - make a joke and ignore it til it goes away. It must be hard when he can’t control the story.

I wonder if there will be any long term damage.

Latest polls, from fieldwork done 3-5 Nov:

Conservatives: 40% (+2)
Labour: 37% (-)

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom