UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

I'm sceptical Boris will go any time soon. At the end of the day, most of the Tory parliamentary party is still convinced that he's the best chance they've got at an election.

His ratings are currently in the toilet with his own party!
9DA5AE2B-58F7-4348-82D3-5720B17B49C7.jpeg

His ratings are currently in the toilet with his own party!
View attachment 6569'
Aside from ConservativeHome surveys only being ones on the website that members fill in as opposed to proper polls (but I appreciate that doesn't get made especially clear by the media when it reports them) - Conservative Party members don't get any say over whether he goes or not! The party's basically an elected monarchy in terms of its constitution. Members might be a bit pissed off with him at the moment but the party probably isn't gonna chuck him yet unless something happens to send them really properly through the floor.

It's worth remembering that even Theresa May managed to cling on pretty solidly in her first no confidence vote, and her ratings were almost certainly lower with members at the time of that. It's just down to whether MPs think it's worth chucking him, and it doesn't really sound like he's near enough of them sending in letters to trigger no confidence yet at the moment (there are usually quite a lot more media rumblings once the figure's approaching).

How can Priti be polling positively (even if only by the narrowest of margins)?
It's astonishingly telling that she's only barely net positive with *Tory members*. Her stock's really fallen among the Tory base because they think she's fucking up the boats issue (as in, they think too many of them are coming in and that she's failing in terms of stopping them).

Slightly OT but I'm generally quite numbed to the awfulness general British public, but the footage of people actively blocking the rescue boats for those poor people crossing the channel has really shaken me. The lack of basic human empathy when people were dying right in front of them. I know it's only a minority who are *that* heartless, but how on earth do we come back from that? It really feels like a new low. :(

It's astonishingly telling that she's only barely net positive with *Tory members*. Her stock's really fallen among the Tory base because they think she's fucking up the boats issue (as in, they think too many of them are coming in and that she's failing in terms of stopping them).

They're dreadfully upset that news items of dead brown people is ruining the mood at their Rah Rah Hooty Tooty Annual Champs and Cavier Garden Extravaganza!

The sheer INCONVENIENCE

Slightly OT but I'm generally quite numbed to the awfulness general British public, but the footage of people actively blocking the rescue boats for those poor people crossing the channel has really shaken me. The lack of basic human empathy when people were dying right in front of them. I know it's only a minority who are *that* heartless, but how on earth do we come back from that? It really feels like a new low. :(
I think that minority have always been there, it’s just they’re being emboldened and validated by a government that’s tripping over itself to cater to them.

Might help:

I think that minority have always been there, it’s just they’re being emboldened and validated by a government that’s tripping over itself to cater to them.
Agreed. It's always been a presence, but I think another key factor that's made them come out of their shell in the last decade is social media - they're much more likely to realise they're not alone in their views these days and stay quiet/not do much as a result, in a way they might have done 10-20 years ago.

!

I imagine it'd be won at a canter by the Tories come the general election either way, but goodness that'd be a hell of a by-election result if the Lib Dems gained it.

!

I imagine it'd be won at a canter by the Tories come the general election either way, but goodness that'd be a hell of a by-election result if the Lib Dems gained it.

Does one party generally do better with postal voters?

Non-Tories need to start doing Smart Voting, like Navalny advocates in Russia. Only vote for the candidate that can unseat the Tories, regardless of whether you don't really like the party or not. There is only one true evil in this equation. I truly wish this could happen in England.

What do we think about this story that there were staff Christmas parties at Downing Street last year, while the rest of London was locked down? Feels like it might have legs, particularly if this goes anywhere:

There's no way the Westminster press wouldn't have known about it at the time, surely? Some of them might have even been there :gross:

What do we think about this story that there were staff Christmas parties at Downing Street last year, while the rest of London was locked down? Feels like it might have legs, particularly if this goes anywhere:

I'm enjoying their own ministers trying to gloss over it but making it worse.

"We weren't there so can't confirm if there was a party. But the party followed all Covid guidelines!"

I enjoyed this

and this

I quite like Mark Harper (no Hancock ally)
just being :eyes:

That was very well done. Goodness only knows why he is attempting a media comeback. I would count myself lucky to still be on the backbenches.

The funny thing is, that entire trail of Tory shite that have been sacked over the past 10 years for various levels of corruption, uselessness and hypocrisy, and Boris is still standing even though he’s done the most and been the worst out of the entire sorry lot of them

I’ll say it AGAIN - he doesn’t give a shit and why should he. He does what the fuck he wants and it’ll never matter. It didn’t matter when he was Little Lord Boris, it didn’t matter when he was the class clown at Eton, and it didn’t matter when he was Lord Loony Mayor Of London.

That’s why he totters into shops without a mask
In full view of the press, and has secret parties the day after telling the country that they can’t mingle indoors any more (but please where a mask, maybe, we’ll let you know when, soon)

ARGH

I wish there was a hidden Cilla at the top of the tree :disco:

Surely if they want to eliminate middle class cocaine use then job one is to arrest Michael Gove.

Everything they do is based on PR and spin, so I imagine this is a response to the recent polling dive, and I suspect that the details were showing a bit of a collapse across Middle England. This will be a publicity stunt to reinforce to the sheltered and the rich that the Tories will make sure that crack addicts aren't coming to rob their country farmhouse.

Middle class drug users feels like a demographic NO ONE cares about though!

I think it's more that the middle class are the victims, and the horrible dirty working class are doing the drug using and crimes.

AS IF the Tories think that anyone outside of inner cities are committing crimes! First of all, white collar crimes are a MYTH based on their handling of their OWN STAFF...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom