UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

20211209_010057.jpg
20211209_010051.jpg

It does seem to be a watershed moment for him vis-à-vis the public.

But it does make me question what is wrong with British society on a much deeper level. Because amongst all the awful stuff that he's done, and most dramatically, lying to the country and driving through a disastrous geo-political, strategic and economic agenda in Brexit that it will take decades to recover from (and by truly nefarious means), that it's a "cheeky" Christmas party behind closed doors that drives everyone mad. Is England (because let's excuse the others) so fundamentally trivial that it can only get upset that "they partied when we couldn't", rather than the destruction of job opportunities, life opportunities, rampant corruption, minority-baiting...

As much as it makes me happy to think he'll be gone in a few weeks, I still feel depressed about the state of the nation much longer term.

Unless people start doing something other that writing witty tweets then ad in
It does seem to be a watershed moment for him vis-à-vis the public.

But it does make me question what is wrong with British society on a much deeper level. Because amongst all the awful stuff that he's done, and most dramatically, lying to the country and driving through a disastrous geo-political, strategic and economic agenda in Brexit that it will take decades to recover from (and by truly nefarious means), that it's a "cheeky" Christmas party behind closed doors that drives everyone mad. Is England (because let's excuse the others) so fundamentally trivial that it can only get upset that "they partied when we couldn't", rather than the destruction of job opportunities, life opportunities, rampant corruption, minority-baiting...

As much as it makes me happy to think he'll be gone in a few weeks, I still feel depressed about the state of the nation much longer term

I wrote the same thing on a FB status of a staunch Tory kicking off about this yesterday. (He muttered something about my “confirmation bias” and moved on as he clearly didn’t have an answer).

I do think we underestimate the power of Christmas, though.

I remember going on the last big pro eu march before brexit, it was like a family fun day. Facepaints, twee placards all jostling for competition to see who could get papped by the Guardian. Any other European country and there would be riots over our Governments behaviour.

I think the public rage was worse with that MP scandal that he tried to ignore until everyone forced him to u-turn and the guy resigned, but Boris survived that no problem.

Nothing sticks. Nothing ever will until his own party gets bored of him and pushes him out. They tend to do that.

And don't start on this fucking "POOR ALLEGRA, THE WOMAN ALWAYS TAKES THE BLAME" narrative I've seen a few times in various places.

YOU LIE DOWN WITH DOGS...

Absolutely unflushable. I'm starting think the only hope is that he dies. If the party won't do a Caesar style 360 degree pin-cushioning over this, then what?

I read a slightly conspiracy sounding thread that the tories new right business connections are in charge of all this being leaked, as they want boris out and someone more controlable like Truss in. Wouldnt shock me.

But in the mean time the longer he keeps fucking up like this the more damage it does, so long may he reign (until the next ge)

Disgusting. Partying all night, breeding like rabbits...and who pays for it all? We do. Disgraceful.

Props to Carrie for inducing labour two months early to change the narrative.

Maybe she DIDN'T just get that Tory comms job because Boris and the editor of The Sun were taking turns on her.

No wonder the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Yet To Come keep missing him, he's shagging the whole time.

But in the mean time the longer he keeps fucking up like this the more damage it does, so long may he reign (until the next ge)
Yes, Im fighting off feelings of dismay that he's still here by consoling myself that he's hurting them more the longer he stays. I really don't think that he can personally come back from all this, but the party can. So let him fuck up some more, please.

Yes, Im fighting off feelings of dismay that he's still here by consoling myself that he's hurting them more the longer he stays. I really don't think that he can personally come back from all this, but the party can. So let him fuck up some more, please.

It doesn't seem to be letting up either. Just need to drag a few of the bastards down with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom