UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

Is it me or do they all seem to have a drinking problem?

The time he was in hospital might be the only time he WASN'T breaking his own rules at this rate.

Not only JRM loses his seat but Boris loses Uxbridge also. A moment I expect we will never get to see, but what a moment it would be.

Will he still be standing in that seat come 2024 though :eyes:

Will he still be standing in that seat come 2024 though :eyes:
That’s my thinking - almost certainly not unless he is still leader - so we won’t get to see him lose his seat. Can’t see him even hanging around for the rest of the parliament if he is dethroned as leader, let alone even standing again as a backbench MP.

The mail recycling OUTRAGE about Keir Starmer having drinks with colleagues.

I know a decent number of people (anecdotal I know, but I used to work for this lot :D) who are considering voting Labour for the first time.

And it isn’t just because of this, it’s a sense that there is nothing left of a moderate centre-right party remaining right now. Something I would definitely agree with. Nothing captures it better than Brexit - if you voted Remain, you don’t just have a difference of opinion, you’re an enemy.

I never understand this at all. So there's nothing left of a moderate centre-right party, quite possible. So why move your vote to a party that is idealistically on the left... why not move it to a party that is idealistically centre, if you're a devout Tory?

(By the way, don't get me wrong, I'm happy either way, I just find it interesting that staunch Tories will go to Labour who are theoretically so different (even if not in practice). My mum would NEVER vote labour because she's brought up to think that they are idealistically just wrong and that was drilled into her from childhood. I think she'd be tempted by the Lib Dems if I managed to sit her down for a while before the next one though... )

Last edited:
I never understand this at all. So there's nothing left of a moderate centre-right party, quite possible. So why move your vote to a party that is idealistically on the left... why not move it to a party that is idealistically centre, if you're a devout Tory?

And of course people will do just that - they will vote Liberal Democrat (we’ve seen that before and we are seeing it again in the seats the LDs currently hold and are likely to gain - almost exclusively Conservative seats) but many will vote tactically. If you’re a centrist former Conservative voter and you really want this government out, there is a lot of sense in voting Labour to achieve just that depending on the geography.

This is just hilarious :D

20220115_105849.jpg

Johnson has always been of the view that rules were for other people, to be imposed on the proles to stop them being annoying or, worse, insisting on some kind of meritocracy.

superb opinion piece in the Guardian yesterday

seems like this Sue Grey hearing is a deliberate red herring

There will be many now hoping that Sue Gray will ride to the rescue, that in calm, mandarin prose she will pronounce the prime minister unambiguously guilty. But it’s a fantasy, just as it was a fantasy to expect Robert Mueller to topple Donald Trump over collusion with Russia, or Robin Butler to remove Tony Blair over Iraq.
I spoke to Lord Butler on Friday, and he reminded me that inquiries of this kind are not about declaring guilt or innocence, but solely about establishing the facts. He believes Gray will set out “what happened. It’s then for other people to reach judgments.” Those others will include the police, who will determine whether there is evidence of criminal activity. That’s their job, not Gray’s. Which is why it’s so dishonest of Downing Street to be briefing that the civil servant will rule on a question she has not been asked.

Why the hell is Gavin Williamson deserving of a KNIGHTHOOD simply for keeping his mouth shut for once?

Sorry if it’s been covered already but OPERATION BIG DOG has been trending on Twitter, partly due to outrage that he’s looking for loyal minions to sacrifice, and partly because of the fact that he apparently came up with the slogan himself. I’ve been cringing for the last 18 hours.

It reminds me when one of the designers at a previous job started dating a personal trainer called BIG DOG and sent an email to EVERYONE in the department (60 people) asking them to follow him on Instagram.

"Big Dog". Even their nicknames for themselves have zero imagination. This is actually worse than when he called Patel "The Prittster".

The Tories are really desperate for this ‘Keir Starmer has socially distanced drink with handful of people’ story to gain traction, aren’t they?

The fact that this news broke and was debunked months ago apparently isn’t of any consequence to them.

I was at a family party the other day, and while the consensus was that Boris is awful and must go, I detected an uncomfortable whiff of "But Rishi..."

i cant wendy williams GIF

I was at a family party the other day, and while the consensus was that Boris is awful and must go, I detected an uncomfortable whiff of "But Rishi..."

i cant wendy williams GIF
His appeal will fade far quicker than Johnson’s did if he slithers into number 10. At least Johnson got by on pretending to be ‘one of us’, Sunak is unambiguously ‘one of them’.

His star will fade when people realise he’s Thatcher on steroids and will do nothing to help them through one of the biggest cost of living crisises we’ve seen in decades.

Sorry - what exactly is Rishi Sunak's remotely viable line supposed to be on his complicity with all this stuff? Even BEFORE any of his other problems!

My disgusting boomer parents and step-mum (all of them!) think the press are blowing it all out of proportion and they’re sick of hearing about all the people who had to say goodbye to loved ones over Zoom calls etc. :manson: Once again just because it wasn’t THEM. Seriously the most selfish generation ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom