UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

Graham Brady confirmed in his statement that Proxy votes would be organised where needed.

He isn't technically PM because he is the leader of the party. He is PM because he has the confidence of the house (and the Queen). So I think there is leeway to leave him in place if the party so choose. And if he refused to go, they'd need to no confidence him in the house.
Yeah I think you are right in that he would in theory stay on, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just went immediately. There isn't a great deal of precedent for a leader being defenestrated by their party, by losing a VONC, whilst PM.

That Jesse Norman is letter is utterly damning and perhaps encapsulates the Johnson premiership better than anything else that has been written about it.

Theresa, it's your time babe.

Olenna Tyrell Meme GIF

Framing "delivery" of Brexit as an achievement would be hilarious if it didn't cut through. "We imposed sanctions on ourselves, but unlike Russia, we hadn't already sanction-proofed our economy".

If he wins by a slim margin, he won't go, will he?

A complete shambles heading into the next election, please.

BBC are reporting Nadine’s tweets have incensed a few MPs to the point of them voting against Johnson.

In a way, that would be poetic but it's worth remembering that it's the far right of the party who hate her most - remember when she was binned out of that whatsapp group for people who felt the party weren't going far enough with what they euphemistically call "radical supply side reform" because she supported Johnson. Her uselessness infuriates many in the party, even if they broadly agree with the agenda of shutting down everyone who holds the government to account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom