UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

Anything that makes life harder for the government, or makes it look even more stupid than it is, seems fine by me.

They will rant and rave about the ECHR - they don’t realistically have the numbers to take us out of its sphere.

Papers are largely as expected - the Fail has gone with "meddling judges in Strasbourg" and a dubious claim that, had the flight gone ahead, this would immediately have put a stop to Channel crossings by boat.

This whole thing is just one big ruse to keep the racist voters onside and to give the tories more 'we're trying to get brexit done but the EU hates us' ammo. I doubt any of them actually give a flying fuck about immigration.

(of course it goes without saying that Johnson is answering everything with complete nonsense)

I keep thinking that if it hits rock bottom, it will get better. But where is the bottom? We don't know.

Is anyone else opening this thread and reading VoR’s post at the top of the page as ‘CHER has stopped two more people…’?
:D

it will honestly take a superhuman power like Cher to wipe out this bunch of useless freaks and rescue the UK from the pits of hell.

This whole thing is just one big ruse to keep the racist voters onside and to give the tories more 'we're trying to get brexit done but the EU hates us' ammo. I doubt any of them actually give a flying fuck about immigration.
Why should they? It's not like they are personally affected by it. They haven't been on a waiting list for social housing for half a decade. Or had to wait 4 weeks for a GP appointment. Or had their child turned away from their closest school and sent halfway across town instead. Or had to wait 3 years to get an ADHD diagnosis. Or 2 years for a hip replacement.

Well, they ARE personally affected by it because by chronically and systematically underfunding the public services meant to provide those services, but stoking up the gammons to blame the forrins for everything instead, they can cream off millions apiece.

Cunts

Last edited:
Krishnan Guru-Murthy on Channel 4 news tonight asking lots of questions that the 'Minister for Tackling Illegal Immigration' Tom somebody Torybabyface had no idea how to answer.

I do wonder what "side" he's on (aside from being awful Tory scum etc. etc.). Is he saying the policy is absolutely unethical and he can't hold a position with the policy in place? Or is he throwing the dummy because it's gone to pot?

Well that's that mystery solved :o

I do wonder what "side" he's on (aside from being awful Tory scum etc. etc.). Is he saying the policy is absolutely unethical and he can't hold a position with the policy in place? Or is he throwing the dummy because it's gone to pot?
Third option: he was asked to support something even more unethical.

Is this the point at which this country descends into anarchy?

Don't answer that - I know we've been here before and no doubt we'll sink even lower than this before anything changes.

an absolute slam dunk of a piece in the Guardian from Jonathan Freedland about Boris' laissez-faire (at best) approach to the rule of law

it's very alarming. I wonder if somebody like Hunt would continue down this path or if the Tories will attempt to course correct once Boris is finally ousted. these are such dangerous times.

The new Tom Walker single pulls no punches...

Well, it's one rule for us, no rules for them
Right now they're probably getting on the send, it's
a good old life down at number ten
Living it up with no consequence
one rule for us, no rules for them
Right now they're probably getting on a bender
Cheese and wine and a bag for the afters
Bojo's flat and it's packed to the rafters
And you can hear the Tories singing

Oh, fuck the cost of living crisis
Rishi rich, he's making lines up
And if you're poor you're not invited